Sign in to follow this  

Best combo on sprockets for TE 310?

Right now I have a 13 tooth up front & a 50 tooth on the rear.  It works good off road but does work really hard on road.  I'm looking at putting a 47 tooth on the rear for a little more user friendly on road.  Any one running with this combination?  If so what road speeds are you seeing with approximate RPMs? 

13/47 will be better on the road by a little bit for sure.it is about impossible to make that bike good on the road due to the internal gear ratios.the 13/ 47 will make technical trail riding more challenging.dan

13/45 here.   I also have a Rekluse which I've yet to really test out.   About 55 mph at 7000 rpm.   I've driven down 395 for 20 or so miles a few times at 55-60 and have no reluctance.

Without the Rekluse I'd probably go 13/50........ as Dan says...13/47 might be the best MOR solution but just a tad off for slower technical stuff.

I'm feeling pretty confident in having the Rekluse to save my ass...;)

Edited by glangston

13/45 here.   I also have a Rekluse which I've yet to really test out.   About 55 mph at 7000 rpm.   I've driven down 395 for 20 or so miles a few times at 55-60 and have no reluctance.

Without the Rekluse I'd probably go 13/50........ as Dan says...13/47 might be the best MOR solution but just a tad off for slower technical stuff.

I'm feeling pretty confident in having the Rekluse to save my ass...;)

Go to gearing commander and put in 13/47 for the 310 and see what you get.

Everything's a trade-off. I'm sure I'll be swearing at some point about having less engine braking with the REKLUSE.

I did go with the 13T in front & 47T in the rear.  Seems to be a good set up with descent on road performane (very noticeable over the 50T) and I have not noticed much compromise off road. 

Thanks for the input. 

• Like 1

dan set mine up with 13/47 and it works descent on road and good offroad even in the technical spots, just need a good clutch hand. I recently changed to 12/47 to get more wheel lifting pop over obstacles and added a rekluse. Took it up to foresthill and it worked very good on the trails....still wish I had more bottem end, prolly should got a 449 or 511. I ended up running from one staging area to another to retrieve my tow rig and was cruizing 45-50 and felt like i was maxing out rpm wise for 10miles. Noticed the upper coolant line in the head was leaking....so hopefully nothing is messed up.

Hello,

I have a 2012 TE310 and am running 13/48.  I was running a 50t rear prior but connecting trails VIA pavement were rough. My bike has the 12 hole injector and TXC ECU and is fully uncorked.   I just ran an Enduro event this past weekend and I can tell you that the 50t will definitely be going back on ASAP. I will will just deal with the road sections and run 45mph.  What year TE310 are you running?  If it is a 2013 or 2014 the Keihin helps with the stalling vs the mikuni, which is what the 2012 has.  Pulling a 47t in very tight woods will be miserable IMHO.

• Like 2

I ran 13/50 until I revalved my suspension. Now I run in a gear higher on average. I put the 48 back on for a dual-sport event, and just left it on ever since. I guess the 50 would be better for the winter. I ride in the Oregon woods.

• Like 1