Sign in to follow this  

Large fuel tank

Does anyone know of a large capacity fuel tank for the 2013/2014 Rmz? 
Looking high and low, but can´t find any. 
Will a 450 2011 tank fit?  

There must be someone doing GNCC`S on a RMZ right? 

Please help! 

Thank you

I made one using the acerbis 2.9 gallon tank for 07-09. It takes some fairly large amount of modification to work. I just had a fuel pump go bad and clog the injector with the tank. The fuel pump ends up right above cylinder head and the heat ruined it. I should have insulated it. I may give it another go. The other option is to weld onto the stock tank. Unfortunately,no aftermarket company is willing to step up. When testing I found that for a 2 hr race a dump can vs the oversize tank was pretty even time wise. Now,if you did 3 hr gncc,2 pits would not be worthwhile.

Ok, thanks for the info. 
I noticed Clarke makes one for the fuel injected 08-11 450, what do you think about that one? Any chance it´ll fit in there? 
I dont want to weld on the stocker, 80% of my racing works great with just 6.5L.   

I made one using the acerbis 2.9 gallon tank for 07-09. It takes some fairly large amount of modification to work. I just had a fuel pump go bad and clog the injector with the tank. The fuel pump ends up right above cylinder head and the heat ruined it. I should have insulated it. I may give it another go. The other option is to weld onto the stock tank. Unfortunately,no aftermarket company is willing to step up. When testing I found that for a 2 hr race a dump can vs the oversize tank was pretty even time wise. Now,if you did 3 hr gncc,2 pits would not be worthwhile.

About 2 weeks ago I emailed IMS about a larger tank, here's the reply I got back....

"In being completely honest, I do not see it happening. We haven’t had a tank for the RMZ250 since the 2006 model, and we presently have no plans to produce a tank for the current models.

Things could always change, of course. That being said, we rarely receive requests for this model, so I would be surprised if anything changes in the near future.

Sorry about that.

Thank you,

Jack

IMS"

The 450 tank is totally different. Trust me. I have tried.

I emailed IMS the same day i started this post, here´s my reply:

Hi Ola,

Unfortunately, we do not offer a fuel tank for the RMZ250 beyond 2006.
We presently have no plans to produce a tank for current models.

Sorry about that.

Thank you,

Jack
IMS

So, now we´re 2 at least that have asked.  :)

Found a italian company that makes tanks for the MX GP teams in Europe, but a 7,9L tank would set you back about 1400$. 
Just a bit out of my price range.  

The GP carbon tank is only a little over 2 gallons. The acerbis tank is doable. If you really need a plastic oversized tank.,the acerbis tank can just be cut to mount fuel pump. The pump will end up above cylinder head and will need to be insulated. I am currently looking into cutting the rmz450 IMS tank and plastic welding the 2 tanks to make it legit. The acarbus tank ends up at 2.8 gallons. Not sure what it will end up capacity wise by doing this mod. My goal is tto get the pump and the fuel more central. The stock 10-14 swat will work but the 09 seat works better.