Pink wire mod attributes?

I know that cutting the pink wire raises the rev limiter rpm to 13.5K.  Not necessary for me - won't ride it there.

I hear it also changes the ignition curve to the R model specs.  question is - how does this affect the performance of the bike?

Just trying to see if the mod will suit me or not.

For background - I went with 42/152 jetting with the snorkel top off and the guts cut out of the hole.  I left the 3 uprights in case the next owner wants to go back to stock.  I gave it the RandD flex jet but it's fine at 2 turns out.  I was determined to leave the stock can and baffle in but it sounded really bottled up - so I took a chance and drilled the baffle.  Negligable change in sound level, but the engine just sounds and feels better.  I exchanged the 4.8 stock shock spring for a 5.5 (for my 200 pounds) and the rear AND front feel more plush even though I haven't resprung the front.  The 5.5 gave me 25 static and 100 rider sag.  Couldn't get anywhere close with the 4.8.  I know heavier springs up front will plush it up even more.

Bottom line - I'm modding, but only the bare minimum stuff.  I won't cut the wire unless it buys me something.

Don't cut it; use a small screwdriver to dis-engage it from the plug and tape it up ang hang there or slip it into the unused spot in the connector. If you don't like it, you can put it back.

Jim

Good idea.  Do you just kind of pry it out gently? Or, do you unplug it and push it out backwards somehow?

There is a small piece of metal that springs out from the side of the metal connector attached to the wire When it's inserted into the plug, it springs out and prevents the connector from pulling back out of the plug.

What you need to do then is from the other side of the plug is insert a small screwdriver to press down on that and then the connector can slip out of the plug.

Jim

in addition to the pink wire,    Running with the tps unplugged will smooth the bottom end power a bit, good for greasy slimy slick root days. 

in addition to the pink wire,    Running with the tps unplugged will smooth the bottom end power a bit, good for greasy slimy slick root days. 

what is the tps unplugged? where can i find it to try?

Right side frame under the tank, unplug the connector that has a wire going to the carb.  I put a piece of electrical tape over the male end then plug it back in loosely to keep the junk out.