Sign in to follow this  

Ac or Dc

Hey guys trying to diagnose where the problem in the electrical circuit of my bike is by using a multimeter but was not shore as to weather the stator/magneto/flywheel or whatever it is called outputs to dc or ac current.

Cheers Luke

sure. just call your dealer and order one up.

if you don't really have a local guy give Jeff a call:

http://www.taskysmetriccycle.com/

he'll take care of you.

thanks for your help but my problem is i am in nsw australia so shipping might be pretty expensive. Do you think one of the ebay ones would work or better off to just pay a bit extra

Edited by KingKouf1

thanks for your help but my problem is i am in nsw australia so shipping might be pretty expensive. Do you think one of the ebay ones would work or better off to just pay a bit extra

if you can find one on ebay that would accept a return if it's non-functioning then i'd probably go that way. i'm assuming it would be a take off from a part out.  if they are all used and as is then i'd probably spend some extra coin to get a new one. who knows with the price differences between countries and exchange rates you might just come out even getting a new one overseas. idk, time to do some research i guess.

i need to call jeff tomorrow so i'll get a price on the part for you if you want.

if you can find one on ebay that would accept a return if it's non-functioning then i'd probably go that way. i'm assuming it would be a take off from a part out. if they are all used and as is then i'd probably spend some extra coin to get a new one. who knows with the price differences between countries and exchange rates you might just come out even getting a new one overseas. idk, time to do some research i guess.

i need to call jeff tomorrow so i'll get a price on the part for you if you want.

ok thank you verry much for your help I found a husky dealer near me and can get it for 300 new so might do that