new tank

The stock tank Is much better as it lets you get a lot more forward on the bike and that's when they handle at their best. I run a CRF250 R tank and so do others I know.

If you do want a larger tank I'd just get a 2nd hand 04 CRF250X tank. They were larger than the 09 etc

I have a 07 250X and hope you can tell me........what year "R" tank will work on my bike?

Thanks,

I have a 07 250X and hope you can tell me........what year "R" tank will work on my bike?

Thanks,

04 to 09. There's heaps of 2nd hand ones on Flea-Bay ? .

You just have to make the bracket in front of the fuel cap where it bots onto the frame fit. I read somewhere that if you heat them up you can stretch them but didn't look possible to me. A mate made me a new one from Alloy.

I actually rode mine for a fair while with no bracket or bolt there, didn't have a problem, just got one made up and fitted it for peace of mind.

You can get a clear stock sized "R" fuel tank as well. I have one of those as well. Makes it easy to keep an eye on your fuel.

Edited by AddictedToBling

What's the advantage with the R tank?

I'd call it more of a compromise than an advantage. You can get further forward on the bike with the "R" tank which is an advantage if you wanna go fast on an "X". The negative is obviously, less fuel/gas.

If I'm going on a longer ride I'll use the larger tank but I prefer to ride with the smaller one whenever possible. That'd be 80% of the time.

Edited by AddictedToBling

04 to 09. There's heaps of 2nd hand ones on Flea-Bay ? .

You just have to make the bracket in front of the fuel cap where it bots onto the frame fit. I read somewhere that if you heat them up you can stretch them but didn't look possible to me. A mate made me a new one from Alloy.

I actually rode mine for a fair while with no bracket or bolt there, didn't have a problem, just got one made up and fitted it for peace of mind.

You can get a clear stock sized "R" fuel tank as well. I have one of those as well. Makes it easy to keep an eye on your fuel.

Great...I have started racing local hare scramblers that run like a MX….you start and do one hour….then you stop for one hour…..then start again for the 2nd hour…..scored just like a MX..

So all I need is a small amount of fuel and I was thinking the R tank would work well for me in this case…..then just put the stock tank back on for longer HS or enduros..

Thanks for your help!!

the 04 to 09 R tank is the same size as the 08 to 13 X tank.

The X tank is not as sleek and is heavier, as it is double lined for emissions.  I run the R tank on my 09 CRF250x, lighter, better shaped so it is lower in the frame, sleeker and more compact.

Holds the same amount of fuel, shrouds bolt right up.  Most people think my X is actually an R, also has R front number plate.