1987 RM-80 barn find

So I found a 1987 RM-80 on craigslist last week. The bike doesn't look like it had ever been ridden and is spotless. Literally not a scratch, no dirt just perfect. It's liquid cooled and has the 6 speed transmission. Bought it for my kids to ride but it may be too nice to let a couple 10 and 12 year olds beat up.

Chris

So I found a 1987 RM-80 on craigslist last week. The bike doesn't look like it had ever been ridden and is spotless. Literally not a scratch, no dirt just perfect. It's liquid cooled and has the 6 speed transmission. Bought it for my kids to ride but it may be too nice to let a couple 10 and 12 year olds beat up. Chris

No pics? Come on....

No pics? Come on....

LOL

You can't tease us like that!   

Sorry. Pics were on my phone when I made the post. Here you go. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1379644303.441955.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1379644321.136590.jpg

Ahhhhhh viiintaaaageeee eeiiggghhhttty....arlllrrlllaaghhghgh....love it that thing belongs in a museum! I wouldn't let myself ride it...well maybe a few times lol...but seriously no kids..! It's not worth a heck of allot but the nostalgia is worth 10x the $ that thing is crisp I'd keep it in the man cave...

Wow! Nice find!

I want to smell it!

Woah that's tidy, timewarp happening right here right now in this thread....

I wish I could find an RM80HD. The original full sized big wheeled model with 18" rear and 21" front.

Yea that looks fantastic. Great find. My first bike was an RM 80... I loved that thing. 

Holy crap....hang that thing from the rafters before the kids get their sticky little hands on it

Man I used to have an identical bike. It was my first new bike.

That thing is cherry! Hang it on the wall

Suzuki may want that for a lot more than you paid for it

It really is too nice to ride.  I better find somebody that'll put it on display before the kids start riding it.  Maybe I'll call the local Suzuki dealer and see if they want it.

all I can say is wow

Wow...... that is way to nice for any kid........

not even cool dude. lol i wish my 88 rm80 looked even half that nice.  i have all new plastics so it doesnt look vintage anymore.   ill send you all my almost new ufo plastics for all your stock old plastics lol.   but  these bikes are a rocket ship with a light switch.  all power or none.   fun little bikes.

edit- heres a pic of mine.   no where near as nice as yours but she still runs good on a fresh rebuild

1375767_10202193095697268_1622223223_n.j

Edited by 563ripper

Nice bike ripper. I still haven't let my boys ride the RM. I called the dealer here to see if they wanted it. They didn't. Guess I'll fill the tank and let my boys have some fun.

are you wanting to sell it? I have a home for it! I WANT that bike.. Please don't let it get abused!!

This is the bike that started it for my friends and me. The rich kid up the street got this exact bike for his 12th birthday brand new, so all the kids in the neighborhood went to the power lines (high tension lines) to watch him ride back and forth on his new bike. The next few months with Christmas Hanukah and birthdays each kid in the neighborhood would get a bike but not as new or nice as that RM80 down the street. I was the last kid to get a bike but  I got my first bike, a used 85 CR80 and a year later and we had a group of about 10-15 kids ages 11-14 with dirt bikes. It was the best few years of my childhood. I’ll never forget this bike or my first.

Chris