Sign in to follow this  

Colorado colorado scooter laws

Need a little help.

Found a steal on a 2013 yamaha zuma for $1,000. So I went an bought it. The seller said he would go get the title from the DMV, etc. Well I talked to him today and he said that he went to the DMV and they said you dont need a title for a scooter, just a bill of sale.

Any knowledge on this?

Im moving to Georgia soon and kinda want a title for it, cause I would guess you need one there, not sure.

May not have a title, but should have at least a Certificate of Origin from the Manufacturer. Under 50cc's do not need plates or registration or motorcycles license. I'm curious if the bank still has the Cert of O. because he financed it and hasn't paid the loan off in full. If so, you may not be able to title it (even in GA)until that lien is paid.  I would do a vin check to see if there are any liens on it.

May not have a title, but should have at least a Certificate of Origin from the Manufacturer. Under 50cc's do not need plates or registration or motorcycles license. I'm curious if the bank still has the Cert of O. because he financed it and hasn't paid the loan off in full. If so, you may not be able to title it (even in GA)until that lien is paid.  I would do a vin check to see if there are any liens on it.

I think he has the cert of O. And I think that's what he brought in to the dealer to try and title it for me. He said it was paid off, and I believe him.

Think im just going to try and sell it before I move, and before it gets cold and no one wants one.

• Like 1