Bike for the wife?

My wife's 24 and turns 25. In spring. She's been hinting at getting a bike and she now rides a raptor 350. She is 5'5 and 105lbs( if she knew I just said this in the internet I'd be dead) anyways idk what to get her. She rides the raptor fairly well. She can't use it to its full potential but she loves it. I'm thing a crf150f or a crf150r. Im thinking F cuz it's slower and more trail friendly wich is what it will be used for but the R would be lighter, last her longer if she likes it and will have more power when she needs it. What do you guys think ? Any suggestions?

Do you know anyone with like a drz125? (To test drive) It really just depends on her skill level a 150f sounds like it would probably be a great fit

well the only bikes she's ever ridden were a crf50 and my so s Ktm sx65. She did good on the 65. But it's only a 65. She did try my yz250f last weekend( she asked I couldn't argue) but she was lugging in 3rd and stalled and fell over. She then tried again a few hours later and rode around the yard in and out of gears for a solid hour or two!

My wife is about the same size. I got her a ttr125 LE. It has electric start and front disc brakes. Plenty of power to pull hills and has enough power for fun trail rides. I knew she wasn't going to be riding motocross so the suspension and power work great for us. The clutch is super easy to use. I went with this model because of the electric start...after someone learning drops their bike their isn't anything worse than kicking for 10 minutes to no avail. The electric start is just another way of me trying to make riding a fun experience for her. Good luck.

It really depends on the type of riding she likes to do, I have bought my wife two different bikes in less then two years. The TTR's and alike (230's) are as heavy as a full size dirtbike so if she is 105lbs it'll be a heavy bike with good "putting around" performance and has lights. My wife is 5'7" 112lbs and the first bike we bought was a 2009 KX100 ME Edition then a 2009 Honda CRF150RB. The first issue with both bikes has been the angry little motors so I installed the steahly flywheels in both with great results as far as not stalling but the motors were just as angry as before. Next was the suspension on the Honda needed to be re-sprung and valved because it was ridiculously stiff when compared to the KX100's fairly plush suspension. I had to raise the bars on both bikes as well as buying a new exhaust on the Honda to quiet the dang thing down since it makes a piped 450 sound quiet.  Almost forgot that the carb on the Honda has been a huge PITA to get the bike to run right.

Choose Wisely!

WR250 with a one inch drop, resprung and vavled for her wieght and a Rekluse. She'll wanna' ride more than you do. Leave it corked up for now and let it loose on her next birthday. ?

that's what I'm doing just trying to find a bike for her! I don't think I'll go. 2t. I think maybe a wr or CRF X would be perfect
  • Like 1

TTR 125LE, it is the lightest electric start, soft suspension, durable, can buy used and get a great bike.  Electric start is mandatory for a beginning adult rider.  The Honda is WAY to heavy, Another good option is one of the specialized pit bikes.  My wife is 5'1 106lbs.  Started on the KLX110L and then moved up to a TTR125 LE after a couple of years.  Eventually she might move up to a 65 or 85 but for now she loves her TTR.  Remember it is about safety, fun and simplicity.