blaster carb issues?

Yamaha

ok so got the wifes blaster running,it has the oil injection kit to get rid of that mess in it,on the left hand side of the carb is a threaded hole that on a stock blaster has some kind of plug in it? I looked on my friends blaster and that's what it looked like to me.on ours it was just open,is this supposed to be an idle screw? I put an idle screw in it but theres no stop at the end of the hole so I cant put a sping on the screw so it backs out a bit and wont hold idle???

second question...it has a full FMF exhaust on it with the airbox opened up,with the stock 230 main in the carb its way to rich,i have a smaller main in it now and it runs pretty good though I think its to lean...28:1 mix and no smoke what so ever even after idling for a couple mins...I ve tried the spark plug check but with a new plug its kins hard to get a reading from it,its a tad on the grey/tan side???

I appreciate all the help I got from you guys with the spark issue and hope you can help me figure out the last of the carb issues with this rig!