2013 Puget Sound Hare Scramble

Washington

1776873B-7D79-49A6-9EA5-66D1E27E381C-166

We will be putting together a fun course this year. More details to come.

Plaques will feature GNCC XC1 pro and NW local Ricky Russell.

B24A74BF-E3E4-4D78-A862-A9854A91DE5A-166

See everyone there!

The weather is shaping up nicely and we will have about a 6 mile course.

EBAD9A65-59D1-4E82-B4C0-82388F1286F0-135

I spent a lot of time on Saturday making some trail improvements and alternate lines.  A nicer GNCC if you ask me....

Preview of the awards.

D11E8D8D-AA25-4F61-B28E-5668E33C3C57-255

Can anyone give details on the kids race? Starts at 2pm and I assume a half hour race. Is it broken up with age groups or all kids considered 14 and under. Any details would be great. Thanks,

30 for sure, possibly 45 minutes. 9-12y/o and 8 & under.

Can anyone give details on the kids race? Starts at 2pm and I assume a half hour race. Is it broken up with age groups or all kids considered 14 and under. Any details would be great. Thanks,

Also it is 15&under, and that is a seperate race, during the short course. The kids race is its own race. Edited by FinchFan394

Also it is 15&under, and that is a seperate race, during the short course. The kids race is its own race.

Thanks for the information. My son and I will be out there. Should be a wet slick race.

This should be fun.Just listened to the weather forcast.Talked with Elaine last night.Jere was out rolling the track section so it should drain better.Heading out this morning.See ya all this weekend...

Scott worked really hard at blazing and flattening. Should be fun!

Just picked up the awards from Fusion Graphix.

F9A31A91-4E6B-4AE0-BE87-B3F623AE60A4-596

We spent this morning brushing, removing logs and cutting in a bit of new trail for tomorrows event. A lot of work has been done to make the course "foul weather friendly"  with many uphills removed and the trail opened up a bit, so we are hoping the course will hold up. The weather is gonna be sloppy, but at least temperatures will be warm.  I'm thinking that if you can make it out, you'll end the day wet and muddy, but with a smile on your face. Welcome to fall! Hope to see you there.

The course will hold up tomorrow guys, get out here and race. You better believe that ShotgunScott knows Straddleline better than anyone else and knows how to make sure you guys all have a good time.

So, how did it go? Sorry we couldn't make it but sure wanted to...pics to follow?

Great race!   Those guys did an awesome job with the course.  I camped and holy smokes was the rain coming down hard all night.  It was tough to sleep in the trailer it was so bad.  That being said, I was amazed at how well the course held up.  Once again great job guys, really fun course.

I think it went well overall, only bummer was a low turnout.

Great job on the awards Finchfan...Thanx to all the club members and volunteers that gave up their day of watching football to come out and help.To the racers and their friends and families,thank you for coming out and supporting our club and the park.

So, how did it go? Sorry we couldn't make it but sure wanted to...pics to follow?

Ive got some long course video il post here.Just need time to edit it all down.

Prolly by tomorrow sometime...

I would like to thank everyone who came on behalf of the club.