AFX FX-39 Helmet

Picked up this helmet at Revzilla for my AM commute to work (getting old I guess). Overall pretty impressed with the helmet. My first choice has always been HJC but they don't offer a dualsport style helmet with the flip up shield.

The helmet sizing is big. I wear an XL in the HJC and a large fit just fine. Much quieter than the MX style full face I use to use for my commute. Weather was 39 degrees and the ventilation was just enough to minimize the fogging and allow adequate air flow. The strap is a bit different than what I've been use to, but works just fine.  Overall for the money I don't think it's a bad choice in a helmet. If I did longer commutes/trips I would probably go for the higher end style helmet but for my 17 mile country side commute the fit and functionality of this DOT helmet is more than adequate.

Edited by AlloyToy

Picked up this helmet at Revzilla for my AM commute to work (getting old I guess). Overall pretty impressed with the helmet. My first choice has always been HJC but they don't offer a dualsport style helmet with the flip up shield.

The helmet sizing is big. I wear an XL in the HJC and a large fit just fine. Much quieter than the MX style full face I use to use for my commute. Weather was 39 degrees and the ventilation was just enough to minimize the fogging and allow adequate air flow. The strap is a bit different than what I've been use to, but works just fine.  Overall for the money I don't think it's a bad choice in a helmet. If I did longer commutes/trips I would probably go for the higher end style helmet but for my 17 mile country side commute the fit and functionality of this DOT helmet is more than adequate.

Let us know how it works off road. My moto helmet doesn't work well on the street, so I've been using my Nolan flip up modular, but gets a little warm in the slower off road.

Mike

I love mine on and off road except for jumping due to the weight. It doesn't feel as heavy as the Nolen mod but my neck is sore for a week every time I over do it with my jumps.

I wear sunglasses so leave the flip shield up most of the time off road and it vents about as well as my moto helmet. 

I have a pair of goggles attached via Quick Strap to the back of my AFX39 at all times. That way I can have the quieter helmet (I wear earplugs too) on long rides and flip up the shield and pull the goggles on for maximum ventilation and minimum dust in the eyes. If the weather is REALLY hot or I will be riding almost entirely dirt, I wear my MX helmet as it is lighter and vents better, but the AFX39 is a great all 'rounder especially when uncertain of the weather. The face shield makes riding in the rain much more pleasant too, your face actually stays dry and the water (for the most part) just beads off the shield vs having to constantly wipe it off your goggles with a soggy glove!