Sign in to follow this  

Matrix tie downs work with 05+ Tacoma bed cleats?

Looking at picking up some Matrix Concepts tie downs and was wondering if the lower swiveling caribeaner hooks will fit on the sliding tie down points on the newer Tacomas. Thanks.

I have a newer tacoma, those sliding tie down holders suck for tying down bikes.

I put eye bolts in the front of the truck bed on each side where the holes are for the water drain holes are. Holds way better. I don't know why new tacoma's do not have two D rings in the front, they put them in the back of the truck bed why not in the front.

Just a suggestion, but I devised a better tie down method in my 08 Prerunner.  At Lowes, bought a section of strut commonly used to build heavy shelving with.  Cut it to 48" I believe.  Bought two of the "sliding nuts" that stay captured in the strut and two 1"x2"  L brackets.  Pulled the two front bed bolts (where you wish they had installed D rings) and ran the bolt through the L bracket. 

Had to cut two holes in my rubber bed matt to accomodate, but now the matt cant be stolen!  The strut bar runs across from one side to the other, the normal strut holes are every inch or so.  Extremely strong and plenty of options where to put the tie down.   I can take a pic if this doesn't make sense.  Think I spent about $30 for the rig.

Just a suggestion, but I devised a better tie down method in my 08 Prerunner. At Lowes, bought a section of strut commonly used to build heavy shelving with. Cut it to 48" I believe. Bought two of the "sliding nuts" that stay captured in the strut and two 1"x2" L brackets. Pulled the two front bed bolts (where you wish they had installed D rings) and ran the bolt through the L bracket.

Had to cut two holes in my rubber bed matt to accomodate, but now the matt cant be stolen! The strut bar runs across from one side to the other, the normal strut holes are every inch or so. Extremely strong and plenty of options where to put the tie down. I can take a pic if this doesn't make sense. Think I spent about $30 for the rig.

Take pic, that's a good idea.

Yeah, pic please.

I'm not happy with my Tacoma tiedown setup. I added a couple stainless eye bolts but I'm still not stoked with the setup.

• Like 1