Sign in to follow this  

Fuel is going out through a hose

Hello, last week I purchased a 2002 DRZ400S.

Today a friend came over to help me grease the chain, as he pulled the bike on the side jack, so the rear wheel will be in the air, fuel started coming out of a hose underneath the bike.

its a very small hose, right by the hose that is incharge of spitting oil incase of too much oil.

once my friend put the bike back on 2 wheels, the leaking have stopped, so the fuel is coming out of the hose only while the bike is on a certain angle.

anyone has a clue what might be the problem?

I also noticed that the bike sometimes suffers from power loss on low RPM, feels like its sufficating, might be related.

Hello, last week I purchased a 2002 DRZ400S.

Today a friend came over to help me grease the chain, as he pulled the bike on the side jack, so the rear wheel will be in the air, fuel started coming out of a hose underneath the bike.

its a very small hose, right by the hose that is incharge of spitting oil incase of too much oil.

once my friend put the bike back on 2 wheels, the leaking have stopped, so the fuel is coming out of the hose only while the bike is on a certain angle.

anyone has a clue what might be the problem?

I also noticed that the bike sometimes suffers from power loss on low RPM, feels like its sufficating, might be related.

overflow pipe. As you lean it over i would say the fuel in your bowl in the carb tilts therefor the float what controls the amount of fuel it goes past that and goes out the pipe. I recommend checking your float in your carb? Mines does it also bad thing is when you ride suzuki fought it would be fun to put the pipe right infront of the rear wheel making you skid well done suzuki agahahah

BlaCk - Suzuki DRZ400S sold in different parts of the world are not all the same.  US models do not have the overflow pipe.

Does your motorcycle have a manual fuel shut off valve (petcock)?  If so, then the carb comes with a high fuel level over flow drain.

So the various reasons for the fuel to drip from the hose are:

The fuel was left ON

The float level is set too high

The float valve leaks (warn or dirty)

The seal ring on the float valve seat has deteriorated

• Like 1

BlaCk - Suzuki DRZ400S sold in different parts of the world are not all the same.  US models do not have the overflow pipe.

Does your motorcycle have a manual fuel shut off valve (petcock)?  If so, then the carb comes with a high fuel level over flow drain.

So the various reasons for the fuel to drip from the hose are:

The fuel was left ON

The float level is set too high

The float valve leaks (warn or dirty)

The seal ring on the float valve seat has deteriorated

I do have a manual shut off valve, I always leave it ON though, is it a bad thing? it was left ON earlier today when it happend.

I do have a manual shut off valve, I always leave it ON though, is it a bad thing? it was left ON earlier today when it happend.

what country you from

You need to teach yourself to turn the fuel OFF when you park the motorcycle.  And you should also check the other things in the carb suggested in post #3