Wont stay running without the choke.

Gentlemen, thank you for all the help and tips!

Is there by any chance a video or step by step out there for cleaning a X carb. Im pretty much a complete noob to carb cleaning and even getting in there and what to look for.

Just my 2 cents here, but I've had the same problems with clogged jets and I carry a few spare jets with me where ever I go. 

You can access the jets easily by loosening the intake and airbox clamps, then rotate the carb until you can access the drain plug on the bottom of the float bowl.  Be sure to open the drain screw first or you'll have a mess once you open the plug (the 17mm).  Once the drain plug is removed, you can access the main jet and slow jet.  The main is the 6mm, the slow is slotted for a flat blade screw driver.  Remove the slow jet and look through it.  If you can't see light, it's clogged.  Clean only the jet with carb cleaner and blow it off before reinstalling it. 

I also do the following, but it's up to you.  Place a rag under the carb and rotate it back to the upright position and open your fuel petcock.  I allow a little gas to flow through and flush the float bowl.  Once you've reinstalled the clean or new jet, close everything up and insure you tighten up the intake and airbox clamps.  Fire it up and go ride. 

NOTE: If the carb is extremely dirty, you may have to remove it for more thorough cleaning. 

This ethanol crap is shit.

I just had to replace a piece of fuel line on my toy hauler between the tank and fuel station because ethanol had eaten it up to the point it was leaking. I cut it in half and the entire insides are junk, all soft and gooey. Some of that crap got into the strainer in the pump but I'm sure some was pumped through into the tanks of whatever I filled off the fuel station. Next will be to replace the entire fuel line from the tank to my generator, about 25' of 5'16". Anybody know if the new rubber fuel lines are impervious to ethanol?

This ethanol crap is shit.

I just had to replace a piece of fuel line on my toy hauler between the tank and fuel station because ethanol had eaten it up to the point it was leaking. I cut it in half and the entire insides are junk, all soft and gooey. Some of that crap got into the strainer in the pump but I'm sure some was pumped through into the tanks of whatever I filled off the fuel station. Next will be to replace the entire fuel line from the tank to my generator, about 25' of 5'16". Anybody know if the new rubber fuel lines are impervious to ethanol?

The manual from my Onan generator recommends not using ethanol fuel and I learned my lesson.  After sitting for a month or two the carb was shot.  After spending hours trying to clean it, I called the Onan techs and they told me I'm wasting my time (can't be fully disassembled).  Cost me a new carb and 2 new fuel filters. The toy hauler was built in southern Cal; it doesn't leave any options for people living in California. 

Edited by BigRichard

The manual from my Onan generator recommends not using ethanol fuel and I learned my lesson.  After sitting for a month or two the carb was shot.  After spending hours trying to clean it, I called the Onan techs and they told me I'm wasting my time (can't be fully disassembled).  Cost me a new carb and 2 new fuel filters. The toy hauler was built in southern Cal; it doesn't leave any options for people living in California.

This is where an ultrasonic cleaner would come in handy. It will clean your carb better than you ever could by hand, place it does get into the places you cannot reach by hand. I own one and it has brought back many carbs I though were junk.