Am i normal or a little weird in the head?

So as i have mentioned last week i flipped my pig over backwards wheelying up a hill doing 30-35 mph and landing on my back and ass cheek. This was a freak accident as i have hit this hill all summer on the back wheel without incident. With the help of some pain pills and advil my back is about 90%. However one ass cheek is still about half full of bad bruises. With that said i returned to the hill today that almost claimed my back, and wheelied up it not once, twice but three times. Is this normal behaviour for a pig owner? Did i mention i am in my 40's?.. :goofy: 

I only got pulled over once for wheelie-ing, that doesn't mean I didn't do it all the friggin' time!

One time back in my younger days in Florida Hare Scrambles rode AOpen CR500 there was a drainage ditch on one spot it was 20ft deep 25 30ft wide you went in ditch in water out I found mound of dirt off to one side and was jumping it in pratice. The 10 oclock race about 100 riders comming out of ditch exposed all the roots. So here I come and jumped it landed in roots spit me off into tree this is what I was told I dont remember was out cold for 10mins 3 fracture lower spine I rode bike back to pits. The next year there they make a BIG sign skull and crossbones that had Leon's Crossing! You know what I did? Yes jumped it! We are NOT normal! But its normal for a dirt biker!

• Like 1

Well I'm still trying to learn to ride controlled  unlimited wheelies, & I'm over 55 & holding at 20!

The first time i flipped the pig over backwards the girlfriend was present. while i still lay there with my helmet on she started screaming at me calling me a moron.....lol. When i told her i flipped it over again she got mad and told me to stop doing those "stupid pop-a-wheelies" and that i am not a teenager anymore. ? .I tried to tell her that men of all ages do wheelies on dirt and street bikes. Its just something we enjoy doing...... ?

• Like 1

Well I'm still trying to learn to ride controlled  unlimited wheelies, & I'm over 55 & holding at 20!

Here a good one had a 79 XL185 or close to that year hell im turning 54 this week have CRS somtimes! I could wheelie that thing dam near as long as I wanted had buddy following me one time said I went 3.5 miles. On with story I was doing perfect balanced wheelie and cop stops at stop sign and I go by well here he comes! I set it down pull over. There was two of them and back then they was talking trying to figure out what ticket to give me! Well he was not speeding! One said how about failure to have vehicle under control? The other cop said he looked to me to have it under control! They gave me a warning and said keep the front wheel on ground ok! Dam we got away with lot of S--T back then!

Do wish you young lads would stop playing the age card - just passed 67 and still ride out every Sunday... as for being weird - if you are I am. 

On the subject of wheelies with the modern bikes its easy - but then it was back in the 70s when I was riding a British Army BSA B40 350cc.. Suspension travel was nearly 4 inches, ground clearance was such that you could just clear a twig and the power was just sufficient to pull the skin off a very loose rice pudding.....

wheeli10.gif

You youngsters don't know you're born......

• Like 1

Do wish you young lads would stop playing the age card - just passed 67 and still ride out every Sunday... as for being weird - if you are I am. 

On the subject of wheelies with the modern bikes its easy - but then it was back in the 70s when I was riding a British Army BSA B40 350cc.. Suspension travel was nearly 4 inches, ground clearance was such that you could just clear a twig and the power was just sufficient to pull the skin off a very loose rice pudding.....

wheeli10.gif

You youngsters don't know you're born......

At 54 im not that far behind you! I allways thought I was lucky as I got to live ride what I call development stage of motorcycls! I remember BSA I getting into bikes when Honda changed MX world forever with 73? CR125 no reeds if it idled more then 60 sec you foul plug! When you went to shop to get oil you got a few plugs. Most had two plugs so you could swap cap to get back to truck! Down pipe no muffler brakes that just slowed you down not stop! But was it at time. Learned to go fast on some POS bikes the EVIEL one Suzuki TM400! We worked them as much if not more than we rode them! 

The first time i flipped the pig over backwards the girlfriend was present. while i still lay there with my helmet on she started screaming at me calling me a moron.....lol. When i told her i flipped it over again she got mad and told me to stop doing those "stupid pop-a-wheelies" and that i am not a teenager anymore. ? .I tried to tell her that men of all ages do wheelies on dirt and street bikes. Its just something we enjoy doing...... ?

did u tell her doing a wheelie for a man is like the same as buying shoes for a girl?

The large hill of a driveway has always been my prime wheelie zone growing up and probably always will be.. BUT there was one time that the ol XR bit me at the top of the hill the drive turns 90 degrees to the right and straight across is a 4 foot concrete block wall! I'm sure you all can guess what happened but I have to tell you how! My younger brother and some if his friends were around back and decided to flip me the bird and moon me,,,, thus the moment I decide to fly up the hill on the rear tire. Cresting the hill too fast, boom, hit the wall then slid across the concrete taking the hide off of two of my fingers down to the bone. But to make things better every time I ride up there it's still on the back wheel. I guess that's just something we all live for! Gotta love it