Running leaded gas in fuel injected bikes

Can you do it? C12? What about t-4 any of you guys use that? Looking for an ethanol free gas to run. My bike is stock. No hc piston or cams. I don't trust pump gas. Thanks.

Can you do it? C12? What about t-4 any of you guys use that? Looking for an ethanol free gas to run. My bike is stock. No hc piston or cams. I don't trust pump gas. Thanks.

Pump gas is fine. Save your money. Fill your tires with helium instead.

Yes you can

C-9 would be a cheaper option

Actually I didn't know about that option..thanks. It used to be, but I'm not going to run the risk to save a few dollars. I may mix it 70/30 to save a bit of money but I'm not going to run straight pump anymore.

The lead in the fuel can actually wear at the coating on your valves. Some owners manuals actually warn you of this

I run AvGas in my Fi Kawi Brute Force quad...runs well

dude that's exactly what VP Fuels VPR is for. It's a replacement for Pump Fuel

av gas is usually a good deal if you want to cut pump gas

av gas is usually a good deal if you want to cut pump gas

why cut ethanol free $6 AvGas with $4 E-pump ??? only thing avail here

I use 93 octane shell. Or 94 octane sunoco only now. I've run fast gas, torco, turbo blue. I've found if bike is stock use pump gas. If you're worried about it then drain it into a gas can when done riding.

Edited by ridngslikecrack

AV gas! Trick is getting the airport to sell it to you!

Luckily, where I live we have some pumps at stations that offer 100 octane, lead free, no ethonal fuel. It's great stuff..... For $7/gal!

AV gas! Trick is getting the airport to sell it to you!

Luckily, where I live we have some pumps at stations that offer 100 octane, lead free, no ethonal fuel. It's great stuff..... For $7/gal!

Any FBO should sell 100LL without batting an eye. I've been buying it for years and have done so from a number of different airports. I cut 50/50 with 91 no ethanol pump gas. Last time I paid $5.45/gal for the av-gas.

Any FBO should sell 100LL without batting an eye. I've been buying it for years and have done so from a number of different airports. I cut 50/50 with 91 no ethanol pump gas. Last time I paid $5.45/gal for the av-gas.

Some FBOs around here want you to have the OSHA approved cans or they won't sell it. But that is not a bad price for AV gas!

The lead in the fuel can actually wear at the coating on your valves. Some owners manuals actually warn you of this

That statement was BS the first time you posted it. Leaded fuels will not harm Ti valves or any coated valves.

My street bike, a Ducati, has run just fine with premium pump gas for 40,000miles and I see no reason to see it change behavior.

That statement was BS the first time you posted it. Leaded fuels will not harm Ti valves or any coated valves.

Then why did Suzuki waste the space in my manuals printing it? Besides, I NEVER said the lead WILL harm the valves. I said CAN. And YES, lead CAN wear at the coating on ti valves. It CAN also leave deposits on, and pit valve seats. No, it will not harm anything short term, but long term, yes lead CAN affect the reliability of your modern 4 stroke engine.

Wouldn't lead fuel cause damage to the throttle body as well? I have decided on either 96 octane or 104 octane Sunoco unleaded. Would the 104 work?

Wouldn't lead fuel cause damage to the throttle body as well? I have decided on either 96 octane or 104 octane Sunoco unleaded. Would the 104 work?

I kno so many people that run it. Never a prob . Ethanol is what to worry about.

Actually I didn't know about that option..thanks. It used to be, but I'm not going to run the risk to save a few dollars. I may mix it 70/30 to save a bit of money but I'm not going to run straight pump anymore.

So where have you heard that pump gas used to be good, but now it isn't? Do you also believe in conspiracy theories?

I agree, it's the Ethanol you need to worry about. It attracts moisture along with other things I don't need my fuel to do.