Sign in to follow this  

01cr250 head mod help!?!

I want to modify one of my cylinder heads for my 2001 cr250, I work with some very good machinists with a well equipped machine shop. 

In eric gorrs book he talks about indexing the spark plug as well as decking the cylinder 2thou. what have you guys done and what do I need to tell the machinist I need done to the head?

also what have you guys found works best for a woods raced bike 

The 01 head was pretty good in stock form. do you want to run pump fuel?

There are gains tobe made with smaller squish. if you deck the head it will be closer to the piston shrinking the squish and raising compression. It will run cleaner down low and have more power. But unless you want to rechamber the dome in the head to lower conpression. You will need higher octane fuel.

Firstly measure your squish and see what you have. If it was me, i would set squish to .040 inch and run better fuel. Best bang for your buck diy there is

http://www.rb-designs.com/squish-band-test.htm

The 01 head was pretty good in stock form. do you want to run pump fuel?

There are gains tobe made with smaller squish. if you deck the head it will be closer to the piston shrinking the squish and raising compression. It will run cleaner down low and have more power. But unless you want to rechamber the dome in the head to lower conpression. You will need higher octane fuel.

Firstly measure your squish and see what you have. If it was me, i would set squish to .040 inch and run better fuel. Best bang for your buck diy there is

http://www.rb-designs.com/squish-band-test.htm

I was going to get a head milled for race gas the head is from a 96 but I figured since the head had some damage it needed weld work and could be cut for my flat top piston as well as shaved for race gas

I want to modify one of my cylinder heads for my 2001 cr250, I work with some very good machinists with a well equipped machine shop. 

In eric gorrs book he talks about indexing the spark plug as well as decking the cylinder 2thou. what have you guys done and what do I need to tell the machinist I need done to the head?

also what have you guys found works best for a woods raced bike

Leave it stock......don't mess with excellence!

Leave it stock......don't mess with excellence!

I have another stock head

I wanted to have this spare machined to run race fuel