Sign in to follow this  

Picking-up my 300XC-W tomorrow!

Hi fellow riders,

I just want to thank you all for so kindly answering my multiple questions over the past few weeks.

It really helped a lot.

I am finally picking up my brand new 2014 300XC-W tomorrow.

First dirt bike, first KTM, first 2 stroke.

I am as excited as a kid in a candy store!

Looking forward to riding and sharing knowledge/experience with you guys for the years to come.

Cheers and ride safe!

Edited by hopla
  • Like 1

First dirt bike, first KTM, first 2 stroke.

Cheers and ride safe!

Just dont get discouraged. Riding dirtbikes is hard. Theres a steep initial learning curve. No one tells you that you have to really SUCK for a season. This is normal. Dont sweat it. Hook up with some people that can teach you the fundamentals like clutch control, body position and proper cornering and more. I wish you the best man !

Just dont get discouraged. Riding dirtbikes is hard. Theres a steep initial learning curve. No one tells you that you have to really SUCK for a season. This is normal. Dont sweat it. Hook up with some people that can teach you the fundamentals like clutch control, body position and proper cornering and more. I wish you the best man !

Agree. Its the people you ride with that will make or break you. I've been fortunate enough over the years to have had many good mentors. The largest bit of advice I can offer is this. Ride your OWN ride! Do not think you have to keep up with the pack. Ride above your head and you'll regret it. Technique should be your focus. Once you start getting technique speed will follow. That and you'll get sick of as soon as you catch up to the pack who are ahead resting/waiting for you they all take off again meaning no rest for you ;-) its a great motivator lol.

Enjoy the new ride you're gonna love it!

• Like 1

Agree. Its the people you ride with that will make or break you. I've been fortunate enough over the years to have had many good mentors. The largest bit of advice I can offer is this. Ride your OWN ride! Do not think you have to keep up with the pack. Ride above your head and you'll regret it. Technique should be your focus. Once you start getting technique speed will follow. That and you'll get sick of as soon as you catch up to the pack who are ahead resting/waiting for you they all take off again meaning no rest for you ;-) its a great motivator lol.

Enjoy the new ride you're gonna love it!

Well said !

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Just got home with the new bike!!

OMG!! I did not expect it to be so loud in its stock form!! LOL It sounds very agressive! :-O

So I only had the opportunity to ride it back and forth a few times in a dead-end street and noticed that it picks-up its fuel very well from the get go but then surges quite significantly.

The mix currently in the tank (from the dealership) is 32:1 Mineral Yamalube. The dealership indicated that it would smoke quite a bit and could even drip (it does a bit) from the exhaust tip but not to worry, that it will be all good when I use 50:1 after one or two tanks.

It has the yellow spring.

Is it normal that it surges like that?

I didn't want to crack it open, I want to perform a proper break-in.

Thanks guys! :-)

Yes, the surge is the two stroke hitting the "power band" --- use it cautiously and wisely. it can hurt someone who's not used to it

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Just got home with the new bike!!

OMG!! I did not expect it to be so loud in its stock form!! LOL It sounds very agressive! :-O

So I only had the opportunity to ride it back and forth a few times in a dead-end street and noticed that it picks-up its fuel very well from the get go but then surges quite significantly.

It has the yellow spring.

Is it normal that it surges like that?

I didn't want to crack it open, I want to perform a proper break-in.

Thanks guys! :-)

Yep, and theres alot more power hidden in that bike. That Cdi has it mellowed so much that theres almost no hit. And the noise is only loud right next to it. A hundred yards into the woods and yer hard pressed to notice it.

Ive always ran 3oz/gal in all my 250/300 of your choice of good full synthetic. Glad to hear it going well !

Post some vid for us ! Braaap !