Bike up off the ground, what do you use?

Coming over from the sportbike world, I had a set of front and rear stands for chain and tire maintenance. What do you guys use for the DRZ? Pics would be helpful.

One of those foot operated center lift stands works well. I usually just huck it up onto a regular stand, but at 317 pounds its no easy task, and I usally get someone to help me lift it.

I use a chain hoist. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1379741679.660002.jpg

I use a Harbor Freight ATV/Motorcycle lift.

HF_Lift.JPG

I keep this guy in my garage:

force-john-bike-lifting-stunt01.jpg

I keep this guy in my garage:

force-john-bike-lifting-stunt01.jpg

You sir, just made my day  :lol:

I use an old transmission jack with a piece of plywood attached to the top. As it is of the rachet type I can adjust it perfectly for front or rear tire removal without ever having to do anything other than just rolling the tire away from the bike once the axle bolt is removed.

Tony

You sir, just made my day  :lol:

Haha, glad I could help.

I have been using an upsidown Homer bucket... But I would not recomend it. LOL

I got my 1,500lb. capacity lift from Harbor Freight, for $65, with coupon.

IMGP0024_zpsfea79bcb.jpg

IMGP0024_zpsfea79bcb.jpg

Thanks, thats what I was looking at recently at HF. Looking at yours I see points for ratchet straps as well. I'll likely go that route.

I came from the sport bike world too and I use my front and rear stands, my rear stand is the kind that lifts from the swing arm.. But if you look closely I also have axle sliders that are rear spools to use for lift, but can't take wheel off that way

image.jpg

Great question - these bikes are tough to get in the air --- thankfully my lever stand I made in welding class still works like a charm.

Home made stand from 1x1 1/8" wall tube and an aluminum deck and other scrap... It's about 12 years old now...

CDEB2A05-12D2-46C5-86F5-210B627229F9-164

And a Lift 

B527B95D-9491-4BA5-B33C-011B38175FBA-164

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3kPbn8IEzA

I'm currently using the SW5GPB, (Sherwin Williams 5 Gallon Paint Bucket) and use the kickstand as a lift lever. I ordered a cheap version of the Redline & had to send it back to Amazon a few months back. I've been looking at the scissor models again & like the thought of the bike being well off the ground for work. I'm limited on space & have to keep it compact or I'd opt for a lift table. Would be nice to get some feedback on some actual users of these on here. Anyone have one or know someone who does?

home = jack stands jammed in the skid plate holes (1" drilled holes)

woods = stump/log/rock/whatever

no stumps = toss a rope over a tree limb

no trees = toss the bike on it's side and do whatever. 

it's on it's side twice a ride anyway. might as well just let it nap and fix it. 

HF lift stand... with some slight modification it's the best $20 I've spent on the bike.

lift.jpg

bike lift from princess auto :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Picked the same type of lift at Wally World. They work well and give some mobility when the bike is disassembled.