yz125 or yz250

hi guys i was wondering if i should get a yz125 or yz250, i am kind of a newbie to dirtbiking i rode quads my whole life, and recently ive been riding my friends drz125 i know its an underpowered 4 stroke but i ride in the woods with it and its real fun so now im hooked, im looking to get into mx i will get all the proper gear needed, i just need to know what bike to get, im 63ish and i weigh 162, im a pretty fast learner, i dont want to have to get a bike and then sell it in 6 months so any opinions will be great, also i want a bike i can control fairly easy so i can do jumps and what not, thxs.

anyone?

I have a 08 YZ125 with a 144 Erice Gorr big bore kit and it is a AWSOME woods bike!

Has enough power to haul me around and I'm over #200 too.

i think everyone should start out on a 125, you will learn proper riding technique.

Good Luck and have FUN!!!!

alright thanks thats what i was leaning towards even though both the yz125 and yz250 are 2005s and are both for 2k, i think the power of the 125 will be easier for me since im a newbie and im just started mx.

ok thanks for the reply

Definitely a 125 if your planning on starting to ride MX.

any reason why you guys say the 125 because there are a lot of good deals on 250s

i forgot to mention i will also be doing alot of trail riding hill climbs long mountain runs

125 with a 50/51 tooth rear sprocket and a flywheel weight. 

ok since all of you say the 125 will be best for me, what brand should i get i see a lot of kx125s rm125s and a yz125, the yz is the most money

ok since all of you say the 125 will be best for me, what brand should i get i see a lot of kx125s rm125s and a yz125, the yz is the most money

What is your budget and what year bikes are you looking at?

I personally would avoid the kx, they seem to be older technology when compared to the yz and rm of the same year. 

for years 98-2004 i would say go yz, they seem to be better than the rm's back then.

But if you can find a 2005-2007 rm for under 2000 i would buy that instead, The rm's cost less than the yz, but both bikes are really good after 2005. 

Edited by Vernsker298

the kxs were 2003s, but i found a 06 rm125 for 17 in real nice condition, new top end 0 hours, and owned by a racer which i like because that means maintenance was done, he said hes selling it because he rides in a class and needs a 4 stroke seems legit 

the kxs were 2003s, but i found a 06 rm125 for 17 in real nice condition, new top end 0 hours, and owned by a racer which i like because that means maintenance was done, he said hes selling it because he rides in a class and needs a 4 stroke seems legit 

:thumbsup:

Ok so I talked to the guy with the rm should I pull trigger and go for it for sure?