yz125 or yz250

hi guys i was wondering if i should get a yz125 or yz250, i am kind of a newbie to dirtbiking i rode quads my whole life, and recently ive been riding my friends drz125 i know its an underpowered 4 stroke but i ride in the woods with it and its real fun so now im hooked, im looking to get into mx i will get all the proper gear needed, i just need to know what bike to get, im 63ish and i weigh 162, im a pretty fast learner, i dont want to have to get a bike and then sell it in 6 months so any opinions will be great, also i want a bike i can control fairly easy so i can do jumps and what not, thxs.

ok since all of you say the 125 will be best for me, what brand should i get i see a lot of kx125s rm125s and a yz125, the yz is the most money

What is your budget and what year bikes are you looking at?

I personally would avoid the kx, they seem to be older technology when compared to the yz and rm of the same year. 

for years 98-2004 i would say go yz, they seem to be better than the rm's back then.

But if you can find a 2005-2007 rm for under 2000 i would buy that instead, The rm's cost less than the yz, but both bikes are really good after 2005. 

Edited by Vernsker298