Sign in to follow this  

s-7 nozzle jetting?

so I put the s-7 nozzle in my TMX carb on my 01,running a 400 main and I think a 32 pilot at about 5000ft above the ocean,my bike runs a lil fat in the mid with the stock nozzle but not bad,my question is do I need to rejet with the s-7 and if so which direction and any idea where to start?

thanx for the help 2 strokes for life hahhaha

you are rejetting by putting in s7. its just another jet, just way larger.

at 5k feet even with the s7 youll still need a 1 to 1.5 needle clip change IMO

[/quo

what do you mean needle clip?you mean the needle in the slide?how do adjust that 1.5?

[/quo

what do you mean needle clip?you mean the needle in the slide?how do adjust that 1.5?

pull the slide, pull the spring and cable from the slide, 6mm retainer inside the slide needs to come out, move the clip up to lean it out, down to richen it up.

verify your jetting with us, dont guess ;)

you have to buy the half clip varient of your current needle in order to make 0.5 clip adjustments. i wouldnt worry about it now, thats for fine tuning once you get a grasp on jetting.

I guess I sounded like  a newb in these posts lol,im not bad at jetting as I have rejeted all of my bikes,i do have a 32 pilot and 400 main,i know how to adjust the needle but was thrown by the half clip setting hahaha,really I was thinking that with the larger fuel nozzle I was gonna have to go down on the main and was fishing for someone in a similar altitude and climate that might be have some imput,i guess I ll have to go with the ole trial and error jetting routine hahaha

thankyou guys for the help though I do appreciate it!!! :thumbsup:

I guess I sounded like  a newb in these posts lol,im not bad at jetting as I have rejeted all of my bikes,i do have a 32 pilot and 400 main,i know how to adjust the needle but was thrown by the half clip setting hahaha,really I was thinking that with the larger fuel nozzle I was gonna have to go down on the main and was fishing for someone in a similar altitude and climate that might be have some imput,i guess I ll have to go with the ole trial and error jetting routine hahaha

thankyou guys for the help though I do appreciate it!!! :thumbsup:

the s7 is 2 steps leaner than stock.

we have not ran the s7 at 5k feet in my friends 01's (actually they did, but at the time we didnt know we were at 6k feet so they just rode the bikes as is).

at 3500', for track riding, it was 30pj, s7 nozzle, clip was maxxed out lean, and a 390-400 main. we actually ended up switching to the s4 on 1 of the 01's to try and get back some clip positions and are now between clips 3 and 4.

if it were me @ 5k, i would lean your pilot out 1, lean the main out 1 more and put the needle on 3/stock position to start. are the temps on the warm side? is this for track or trail? you might end up leaner, but i think thats a safe starting point.

Edited by mynewcr250

thanx NewCR,ok so temps are warm as its southern AZ,but its fall now so it is starting to cool down,it will be mid 70s to 80s for the next couple months and I ride mostly trail with some track thrown in for 9 or 10 laps at a shot before hitting the trail loop again

thank you again for the starting point CR