Sign in to follow this  

New clutch install problems

So I went to put my clutch back in after taking it off to try and get the timing right, and I got a used clutch basket to replace my other One which I broke trying to get it off and now my New clutch cable is loose and if I put it at full travel the clutch doesnt pull appart anyway. Could the New basket be worn?

Who knows,,chances are the small round cylindrical thing on the other end of the long skinny rod that runs from the plate side through to the arm side has fallen out or become dislodged..Lean the bike way over to the right so the oil won't flow out and remove the housing the arms attached to and check that the small cup/cylindrical thing is correctly positioned..Use a manual as a guide or a fiche to make sure you have it right....

If you moved that cable arm or removed the long skinny rod during the install I can almost guarantee that is where the problem will be..

Edited by Horri

Yes I'm saying if you pulled the lever on the bars or pulled the lever on the engine and had the long skinny rod out and not in its position then the little cup on the end can flop over or become dislodged..I'm of course assuming you have all the correct parts in the correct positions on the plate side of the engine...If you had something wrong there it may also cause a problem ,, if you don't then beneath and inside the Stator cover side is where you start investigating..

Edited by Horri

Yes I'm saying if you pulled the lever on the bars or pulled the lever on the engine and had the long skinny rod out and not in its position then the little cup on the end can flop over or become dislodged..I'm of course assuming you have all the correct parts in the correct positions on the plate side of the engine...If you had something wrong there it may also cause a problem ,, if you don't then beneath and inside the Stator cover side is where you start investigating..

Yep it pops out if your move the lever with the clutch out.