hunched over on jumps, back injury? how do i make bike more my size?

Hey, I ride an 04 yz250, and I am approx. 195cm tall, so when I jump, I am hunched over, and feel as if I am going to get an injury if I hit a big enough jump, which I plan on hitting soon, and I don't want a jarred back like my brother got yesterday!

what should I do, is a 1 inch bar raise kit going to do anything?--------------------------------------

what else can I do? is there a way to slightly lower the foot pegs?------------------------------------ALSO; I cant either brake with my back brake or shift down without taking my feet off the pegs and up then down onto them, do I need to lower them or...? any suggestions?

Get different bars that fit better for you. Adjust footpeg controls - they are adjustable for a reason. Make it easy yo fo with feet on pegs. Perhaps a pic on bike to show what you consider too hunched over?

I land somewhat in this position but my back is more arched in order to be standing while holding the hangers while having my feet on the pegs,just the kind of almost parallel body to the bike, making it hard to watch the landing; are ROX Raisers good? are they going to require longer cables?

QVxT7EJ.jpg

Fastway foot pegz on the low setting and Windam bend bars

windham bend bars do pretty much the same as a 1 inch lift kit don't they? what about Pastrana FMX bars? extra 22mill height over the windham bars

windham bend bars do pretty much the same as a 1 inch lift kit don't they? what about Pastrana FMX bars? extra 22mill height over the windham bars

It'll look like you're running quad bars :lol: .But yeah, didn't think of those :thumbsup:  

I'm 6 foot 2" and use RC High bend bars with Fastway pegz on the low setting. Applied triple clamps with the bars in the forward position. That's on the Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki. Works for me.

More weight over the front end ain't gonna be a bad thing :thumbsup: . Especially if you're ridding a Honda.

Edited by AddictedToBling

Same as everyone else but I have my knees bent for the most part even when landing. If your suspension isn't set up you shouldn't be jumping anything to big anyway or your asking to get hurt.

suspension set up? how my rear shock has basically 0 psi for gas, and front shocks were "set up" with 8 clicks of a flat head, they are the next thing I am having fixed haha taking it to some guys house to get oil changed and re-gassed

suspension set up? how my rear shock has basically 0 psi for gas, and front shocks were "set up" with 8 clicks of a flat head, they are the next thing I am having fixed haha taking it to some guys house to get oil changed and re-gassed

You should have it valve and sprung for your weight with proper sag and it will work best for you then.

yeh I will haha and thanks all for the suggestions!