Riding technique

I assume you were standing when your tired this. I agree with the outside peg. No, the outside peg alone will not cause you to wheelie. If your trying to do the Tokyo Drift, your rear wheel would already be spinning, less traction. Now a lot also depends on the surface that your trying to drift on, traction and how much power you have.

Outside peg and pin it!

• Like 1

If your trying to drift on grass, probably not going to work. I've always found lawn to be really tacky and tractable. Something like sand or loamy soil would be a lot better. I would say drifting on a dirt bike is stupid, but its actually kinda handy on some flat corners especially on a 2 stroke with all that wheelspin. The best way to get your back end to slide out, but stay in control, is to sit right up on the gas tank, your junk should be touching the gas cap. This keeps the front end planted and lets the rear slide out, but you still keep it on 2 wheels because you are in control.

• Experts

Hey I read a magazine about techniques and I put weight on the inside peg to drift a turn in the yard and the bike slipped underneath me. What is a better way I can control the method?

Yea, for starters you're suppose to weight the outside peg not the inside. You should have your inside foot out for the corner. There are many, many techniques that apply to motocross. As a matter of fact I wrote a book on them. It's called the Motocross Practice Manual which includes "The 55 Absolute Techniques of Motocross". It's a must have if you want to ride better! Anyone who already has it will vouch for it. http://www.gsmxs.com/merchandise/motocross-practice-manual-the-55-absolute-techniques-of-motocross

New PM Cover white Web.jpg

That's funny right there!

Hehe it's true, you know your doing it right if you hit a nice bump or two and the boys really feel it. Sometimes it's hard to ride it out when you can barely breathe lol. I've thought about wearing a cup before lol, especially when you come up short and you REALLY slam them.

• Like 1