Sign in to follow this  

some Quick Jettings Help

So had a buddy help me instal the MRD/SSW pipe, do the 3x3, remove canister, and rejet.

I live in bay area, California so at Sea Level. Almost all Street riding at this point.

The jetting i used is as follows:

160 main jet blue

4th clip from top

25 pilot jet

extended fuel screw 2.75 turns out.

The bike is running lean and popping a lot.

Also have a seperate issue where the bike is running out of gas if i run it in the "ON' Position. It will idle for awhile, then start to pop more and backfire and then die, however if i switch it to PRI then it wont die. We removed the canister, removed one line completely and plugged the carb nipple, we also plugged a nipple on the gas tank...maybe thats where we screwed up?  ---- upon more research looks like we plugged the vent line that we were supposed to leave a hose connected to and route near swingarm or somewhere.

Edited by Arthur1265

Gas tank vent has to be open. Run a hose to under the motorcycle someplace.  The jetting sounds quite rich. Can't imagine you are lean anyplace.  Ignore the exhaust popping on decel.

Gas tank vent has to be open. Run a hose to under the motorcycle someplace.  The jetting sounds quite rich. Can't imagine you are lean anyplace.  Ignore the exhaust popping on decel.

Thanks for the reply. So there is no way to stop the popping? thought if you run it a little rich the popping will be less. Not on the DRZ eh?

Should i change any of the jets? 

decal popping is from the gas igniting in the hot exhaust pipe. You can mask it by getting more fuel in the pilot circuit, but if you go too rich it will be sluggish off idle. It may also have an air leak in the exhaust system that is causing an extra lean condition in the exhaust causing the pops.