ktm sx125 front forks

Hi there

I have a 125 KTM six 2006 model

My front forks are in a bad shape because of no mantenance at all

Preload adjusters are stuck' springs gone soft

And when I opened them they had just a bit of oil

I want to buy new ones

I use the bike for MX

What should I buy? Wp forks from KTM or showa-kyb marzocchi ?

I want to buy new ones not used.

I asked I live in Europe and for 250e more I buy new ones

But any "used" forks you get, will also need service. Even if you don't use them for years, the oil still goes bad, the seals still dry up, you still need to do maintenance of some kind. So buying another set of forks is crazy because now you're getting into unknown territory, at least you know the condition of your forks and can get them serviced very easily.

But any "used" forks you get, will also need service. Even if you don't use them for years, the oil still goes bad, the seals still dry up, you still need to do maintenance of some kind. So buying another set of forks is crazy because now you're getting into unknown territory, at least you know the condition of your forks and can get them serviced very easily.

Yup, agree....

He said he wants to buy brand new ones, not another set of used forks.. But I agree, instead of buying the brand new ones, get them full serviced and revalved, money better spent imo

Well brand new forks will run you in the $1000s, combine that possibly needing larger triple clamps you could be looking at a good chuck of cash. Might as well buy a whole new bike!

Indeed, the forks can't be that bad where they can't be repaired.. Plus, a suspension revalve is probably the best upgrade you can do to your bike imo