Teaser...

Do you use story teller do load the contour to your pc?

nope... i only use story teller on particular clips i want to see gps or speed info... its a major PITA... and slow...

i just plug the contour to computer with USB, and i can open the memory card with windows explorer, find the DCIM folder, and inside is everything i shot from the day... i copy these to a folder on my computer where i catalog all my video... then i usually watch all the clips and rename them, keeping the file number so they stay ordered, but adding a short description (FILE0093 becomes FILE0093.rick.endo)

once everything is watched and renamed, i usually know what kind of video i want to make, so i open movie maker and import the files one at a time, or a few at a time, and start cutting out all the less interesting video... its hard work choosing to dump 80%  of your footage!  takes me about 3-4 hours to sort a battery worth of contour footage (2+ hours raw) and get it under 20 minutes (step 1)... then go back and cut out most of your favorite footage and get it down to 5 minutes!!!  finally add some music and try to get a few transitions on the beat....

• Like 1

That was cool!  Do you like the contour over the gopro?

How was it getting that bike back on the trail?  That's what I'm afraid of doing, falling off on the downhill side!

i can turn the contour on and off VERY easily while i am riding 30+mph, plus it captures gps info... unfortunately contour just went out of business somehow....

bike wasn't that hard to get back on trail... we lifted front tire high onto a small rock and then i could clutch it out from there....  thats all in the longest edit (almost an hour, no music) coming soon... just finished a 18min version with music still designed to make us look good... the longest one has some extra wrecks and tipovers and tidbits....

• Like 1

That's a bummer they went under.  Seems like GP has the market cornered.

I've been trying to get better at getting over/out of stuff without smoking the crap out of my tire....watching that in vids helps a bit.  It's definitely a bit more finesse than my trenching technique.

That's a bummer they went under.  Seems like GP has the market cornered.

I've been trying to get better at getting over/out of stuff without smoking the crap out of my tire....watching that in vids helps a bit.  It's definitely a bit more finesse than my trenching technique.

Go for a ride with DW out at copper mountain and you will learn lifetimes of technique in one day.

• Like 2