best bike for woods riding

I am looking for a bike that i can rip up the trails with. i want a fast bike but not to powerful like a crf150 any suggestions? i ride on pretty small trails and logging roads. thanks

Hodaka1090d1249346585-hodaka-ace-90-then-super

My buddy rode a super rat in the seventies....lol.... I like my 2005 ktm 200 exc for woods dancing. Stan

A 2 stroke 250 is an awesome woods/trail bike when set up properly.

I am looking for a bike that i can rip up the trails with. i want a fast bike but not to powerful like a crf150 any suggestions? i ride on pretty small trails and logging roads. thanks

How tall are you, how old are you, what is your experience, and finally what is your budget? I am not from Connecticut so would you be riding more on clay,dirt, or sugar sand?

How tall are you, how old are you, what is your experience, and finally what is your budget? I am not from Connecticut so would you be riding more on clay,dirt, or sugar sand?

This. Experience is a huge factor in choosing a bike, right next to budget.

Husky WB165...

i would like a 4 stroke just cuz our trails are illegal but not patrolled yet so i dont wanna be that guy who has the loud 2 stroke. 

i would like a 4 stroke just cuz our trails are illegal but not patrolled yet so i dont wanna be that guy who has the loud 2 stroke.

how bout just stay off the illegal trails then douche? This is the number one reason people hate seeing ANY off road vehicle. always riding where they aren't allowed, then it gets legal trails shut down. But hey its ok cuz its not patrolled just can't be loud and let anybody hear it... MORONS use your head.

^^ no need to get all butthurt, i live in ct too, the trails are not clay, there hard back dirt, but if you get a dirtbike ct is full of tracks all over thats what im going to do

ok jem450r fyi there are only 2000 people in my whole town and 40 square miles to ride on and i dont think me ridin on my trails is gunna affect anything u do so lay off!!

ok jem450r fyi there are only 2000 people in my whole town and 40 square miles to ride on and i dont think me ridin on my trails is gunna affect anything u do so lay off!!

The fact that you are posting on a PUBLIC forum that you are riding on ILLEGAL trails can raise all sorts of hell. The fun police do not care about those that follow the rules, only those that do not. They pin your image up onto the rest of us, even if we ride legally. They only want to push their agenda to shut down trails, tracks, and other off-road areas.

So have you ever listened to the difference between a 2 stroke from 100 yards and a four stroke? The 4 strokes sound waves carry much further than a 2 stroke.

neat my town only has like 400 people...maybe.... I still RESPECT other peoples land.

And like dirtrider said it DOES affect ms as I get associated with the morons that break the laws and ride where they shouldn't.

I'm still going with Hodaka.

+1

Consider the Dirt Squirt

I'm still going with Hodaka.

Man those guys sure came up with somw great names didn't they? lol

Man those guys sure came up with somw great names didn't they? lol

Yeah. What about the Combat Wombat .... Lol

The Super Combat. For when you're feeling really saucy.1974hodakasupercombat-2-480x320.jpg

Lol love the names, all dirtbikes should have some crazy as name instead of crf450r yz450f ect... sound all the same!