Sign in to follow this  

leaking from bottom oil hard line?

Ok got my new motor installed, fired right up but I am getting a bad leak from the bottom hard line oil fitting where it meets the motor. There is only one bolt and no gasket that I have ever seen. Why is this leaking? I was thinking maybe I replaced it with the wrong bolt? I have a black 8mm hex head in there now and it seems to fit perfect, I cant think of anything else causing this to leak all of a sudden. Ideas?

Ok got my new motor installed, fired right up but I am getting a bad leak from the bottom hard line oil fitting where it meets the motor. There is only one bolt and no gasket that I have ever seen. Why is this leaking? I was thinking maybe I replaced it with the wrong bolt? I have a black 8mm hex head in there now and it seems to fit perfect, I cant think of anything else causing this to leak all of a sudden. Ideas?

Hard oil line on the side  of motor?

There is a hollow dowel pin (#9) and an O ring (#7).. need both of those in place and the bolt.

The pic only shows them at the top.. but there are one each at the bottom as well.. and in the quantity needed.. on the parts page you'll see it list 2 each 

10127_16.gif

That oil line fitting (under the stator cover ) is supposed to have a oring. If you look at the parts fiche, it only shows the oring on the frame tank side however, when looking at the parts quantity, it lists two. They often omit a part like that if it is the same on each end. Look at the engine cover mounting bolts, they only show one of each size...

Hard oil line on the side of motor?

There is a hollow dowel pin (#9) and an O ring (#7).. need both of those in place and the bolt.

The pic only shows them at the top.. but there are one each at the bottom as well.. and in the quantity needed.. on the parts page you'll see it list 2 each

10127_16.gif

Wow I had no idea, do these parts fall out when the hardline is removed? I do not recall seeing either when I removed it. Maybe they are on the floor of my garage somewhere? Haha

Wow I had no idea, do these parts fall out when the hardline is removed? I do not recall seeing either when I removed it. Maybe they are on the floor of my garage somewhere? Haha

Some times they stay in the hose end, some times they stay in the case... the O ring normally stays where ever the dowel ends up.