Sign in to follow this  

Made my day!

So my wife has never been around dirtbikes and really doesn't know much about them (other than her favorite color is green so she likes KX's).  I brought her to the track last night so she could see what it was all about.   In the midst of me explaining a few things to help her learn the sport a little better she just says out of nowhere " Your bike is way cooler than the other ones out there. (I ride a YZ 250)  I like the sound of it a lot better.  What's wrong with those other one's (speaking of 4 strokes) .....I knew I married her for a reason

Not starting a debate...just thought I'd share.

• Like 7

I remember being so infatuated with the sound of a 2 stroke as a kid, in fact I still am. I used to run outside to the street and drool when i'd hear my neighbors testing their banshees up and down the street. I did have a dirtbike as a kid for a year or two, an xr100r, and I remember being so sad it sounded like a turd and not one of those "race bikes". Not like I was going to say shit because it was a gift, a dirtbike was a dirtbike.

Thats cool about the wife, good pick.

I def love the sound of two strokes! I grew up riding them and yeah, I thought 4 strokes were gutless and lame sounding (this is back in the 80's). I still love the sound of the 2 strokes but I'm a proud owner of two XRs. I'm sure I'll pick up another 2 stroke just because. I loved those mid 80s 2 strokes.....still do! I might need to get me an '85 smoker....any of the big 4 will do.

I def love the sound of two strokes! I grew up riding them and yeah, I thought 4 strokes were gutless and lame sounding (this is back in the 80's). I still love the sound of the 2 strokes but I'm a proud owner of two XRs. I'm sure I'll pick up another 2 stroke just because. I loved those mid 80s 2 strokes.....still do! I might need to get me an '85 smoker....any of the big 4 will do.

Nothing equals an xr400 with a supertrapp.
  • Like 2

Now that's a bad ass sound right thar! Of course I love my XR 400. Supertrapp is a TOTAL 80s thing!! Those sweet adjustable discs!

Thats funny, still being a riding newbie...when I finally rode my friends XR4/Supertrapped last weekend I was totally shocked at how different that thing sounds compared to my CRF250R when riding it. Sounded like I had some kitchen appliance going crazy between my legs while having an old Buick chasing me down from the back.  LOL....definitively not what I expected.

As to the OP, u better not let Ronnie Mac around that wife!

Thats funny, still being a riding newbie...when I finally rode my friends XR4/Supertrapped last weekend I was totally shocked at how different that thing sounds compared to my CRF250R when riding it. Sounded like I had some kitchen appliance going crazy between my legs while having an old Buick chasing me down from the back.  LOL....definitively not what I expected.

:naughty:  How dare you bad-mouth the beloved XR400.....

Hahahah!!!! Yeah....let her see some Ronnie Mac!!!! :ride:

Thats because the XR dont spin at 13,000 rpm and a stroke the same you have in bedroom LOL

• Like 1

LOL not dissing! Just sounded so different on the bike vs my years of hearing it from the outside. I had to check the carb setting/choke area like 3 times as I thought I was surely damaging something.

P.S.    How'd you know my bedroom stroke rate?!?!?!

LOL not dissing! Just sounded so different on the bike vs my years of hearing it from the outside. I had to check the carb setting/choke area like 3 times as I thought I was surely damaging something.

P.S.    How'd you know my bedroom stroke rate?!?!?!

Well lets think about this CRF short stroke high rpm motor you my guess is you under 30? if so my WILD guess is right! LOL!