Rekluse & Scotts Best Money I have ever spent on my DRZ!

Well after installing the Rekluse and Scotts damper and getting a ride in on the Rekluse I feel I must put this out here. These are MUST have mods for anyone that rides a DRZ in tight rocky dirt and woods. I would say these 2 mods have doubled my speed and the BEST part is I FINALY after a year! Feel comfortable on my PIG. These two mods make it feel like I’m on my old dirt bike when I was a kid. The Scotts helps with the rocks, sand, mud, river crossings, logs, and roots. I know for a fact It saved my ass multiple times just today. The Rekluse... Best $400 ever. I have Carpal Tunnel and the tight rocky single track have my left hand on fire within minutes of a ride. No longer having the bike stall out on a climb gone bad. Faster in the corners. Full grip on both bars at ALL times. This clutch has made my bike feel 100# lighter. I can hit climbs and corners a gear taller than before. It has doubled my speed increased my confidence on climbs and logs and makes pulling a quick U turn a breeze . This bike should come like this stuff from the factory. If you are on the fence with any of these mods PULL THE TRIGGER! My DRZ felt like a KTM today. Thank you Scotts and Rekluse I cant see riding a heavy bike without these again. I am so happy with the outcome I don’t even feel the need to work my suspension. I feel I have become one with the bike. Next mod is red Unibiker rad guards.

photo.JPG

Well after installing the Rekluse and Scotts damper and getting a ride in on the Rekluse I feel I must put this out here. These are MUST have mods for anyone that rides a DRZ in tight rocky dirt and woods. I would say these 2 mods have doubled my speed and the BEST part is I FINALY after a year! Feel comfortable on my PIG. These two mods make it feel like I’m on my old dirt bike when I was a kid. The Scotts helps with the rocks, sand, mud, river crossings, logs, and roots. I know for a fact It saved my ass multiple times just today. The Rekluse... Best $400 ever. I have Carpal Tunnel and the tight rocky single track have my left hand on fire within minutes of a ride. No longer having the bike stall out on a climb gone bad. Faster in the corners. Full grip on both bars at ALL times. This clutch has made my bike feel 100# lighter. I can hit climbs and corners a gear taller than before. It has doubled my speed increased my confidence on climbs and logs and makes pulling a quick U turn a breeze . This bike should come like this stuff from the factory. If you are on the fence with any of these mods PULL THE TRIGGER! My DRZ felt like a KTM today. Thank you Scotts and Rekluse I cant see riding a heavy bike without these again. I am so happy with the outcome I don’t even feel the need to work my suspension. I feel I have become one with the bike. Next mod is red Unibiker rad guards.

attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

Awesome review, thanks for all that good info...... :thumbsup:

Awesome review, thanks for all that good info...... :thumbsup:

Pull the trigger! And how much for a set of shroud graphics similar to yours? I have black shrouds

now imagine a KTM with a Rekluse

Pull the trigger! And how much for a set of shroud graphics similar to yours? I have black shrouds

Sent you a PM

now imagine a KTM with a Rekluse

I probably wouldnt need a rekluse on a KTM. Low gear, nice and light like a dirt bike. The Rekluse makes My Z feel like a KTM only several gand cheaper. and with DRZ reliability. The weight of the Z is good sometimes, Its less buzzy and  adsorbs alot of energy of the hits.

The Scotts is an awesome product

I probably wouldnt need a rekluse on a KTM. Low gear, nice and light like a dirt bike. The Rekluse makes My Z feel like a KTM only several gand cheaper. and with DRZ reliability. The weight of the Z is good sometimes, Its less buzzy and  adsorbs alot of energy of the hits.

I have a ktm 200 mxc, granted there is no E button.  A rekluse would be nice.  Im also no AA rider, but from what I've read about the rekluse is everyone can benefit from them.

Dr. D I 100% agree with you on the Scotts Steering Damper. The best bang for the bucks I have spent on my DR-Z. Changed my off road riding life. I do not however have the Rekluse even though I have checked it out several times. I have also never rode a bike with one. Did you do the install yourself? How would you guage the difficulty level if you did?

Now add some Rotella and you're complete!

Edited by originalmonk

Dr. D I 100% agree with you on the Scotts Steering Damper. The best bang for the bucks I have spent on my DR-Z. Changed my off road riding life. I do not however have the Rekluse even though I have checked it out several times. I have also never rode a bike with one. Did you do the install yourself? How would you guage the difficulty level if you did?

If you can change the oil on your bike you can install this clutch. The hardest part is the adjustment witch isnt that hard. Basicaly you lay the bike on the side, remove the clutch cover remove the allen head bolts and clutch springs, remove the pressure plate, pull out the specified number of friction and steal discs, soak the Rekluse in oil for atleast 5 min, put Rekluse in basket with 1 set of the old friction and steals on top, re-install the pressure plate, put in the new springs, tighten all bolts, replace cover, adjust clutch cable untill no slack. (Cable will be stiffer than stock) start bike in Neutral sitting on it with kick stand stowed, with one finger and slight pressure on clutch rev to 5000 rpm ajdust cable so that at 5000 rpm there is 1/16 to 1/8" slack. put hand on front break and pop it into gear bike should creep ever so slightly or not at all. If it stalls cable is too loose take it for a ride if it slips in high gear you have the cable to tight. Its very easy.

If you can change the oil on your bike you can install this clutch. The hardest part is the adjustment witch isnt that hard. Basicaly you lay the bike on the side, remove the clutch cover remove the allen head bolts and clutch springs, remove the pressure plate, pull out the specified number of friction and steal discs, soak the Rekluse in oil for atleast 5 min, put Rekluse in basket with 1 set of the old friction and steals on top, re-install the pressure plate, put in the new springs, tighten all bolts, replace cover, adjust clutch cable untill no slack. (Cable will be stiffer than stock) start bike in Neutral sitting on it with kick stand stowed, with one finger and slight pressure on clutch rev to 5000 rpm ajdust cable so that at 5000 rpm there is 1/16 to 1/8" slack. put hand on front break and pop it into gear bike should creep ever so slightly or not at all. If it stalls cable is too loose take it for a ride if it slips in high gear you have the cable to tight. Its very easy.

Do you still get full use of your clutch with the Rekluse or what's the difference in shifting. Do you "pop it into gear" not using the clutch? Could you still clutch-up wheelies in any gear with this set-up?  I've heard some chat about these but have never ran into someone who had one nor the chance to try one. Thanks for all the detailed info about your first ride & experience. Great stuff Dr.D  :thumbsup:

Do you still get full use of your clutch with the Rekluse or what's the difference in shifting. Do you "pop it into gear" not using the clutch? Could you still clutch-up wheelies in any gear with this set-up?  I've heard some chat about these but have never ran into someone who had one nor the chance to try one. Thanks for all the detailed info about your first ride & experience. Great stuff Dr.D  :thumbsup:

You still have full use of the clutch. You dont need to use it if you dont want to. I mostly power shift off road anyway so the only thing that has changed is I dont have to pull the clutch in to stop and I dont need to worry about stalling when Im running out of steam going up a climb gone bad. You can still clutch up wheelies. But...You have to keep in mind this clutch takes the place of some of your frictions and steels to make it fit it has frictions on both sides of the clutch but they are not servicable. What Im saying is that this is a $400 dollar consumable. Therefore If you choose to clutch up wheelies in 3rd gear it is the equivelent of burning up expensive tires on a sports car... Your choise

Thanks for the added info Dr.D. Sounds like a perfect set-up for the woods/single tracks as I've heard. Great review & info....ride it!

which rekluse do you use? I have often considered getting one, but I just haven't been able to justify the price. I will eventually if I sell my 250 and keep the 400 as the all purpose bike. 

I guess I am just unclear on exactly what it does. Do you just keep it in fifth gear all the time and never shift, or do you still need to shift, just not have to use the clutch anymore? that would be cool, but don't you get most of your power from the down shift in gnarly stuff? I guess I just need to be educated on this. 

which rekluse do you use? I have often considered getting one, but I just haven't been able to justify the price. I will eventually if I sell my 250 and keep the 400 as the all purpose bike. 

I guess I am just unclear on exactly what it does. Do you just keep it in fifth gear all the time and never shift, or do you still need to shift, just not have to use the clutch anymore? that would be cool, but don't you get most of your power from the down shift in gnarly stuff? I guess I just need to be educated on this. 

You still shift gears same as before just no clutch. Think honda 50cc when you were kid. It had 3 speed tranny and you could come to a full stop in any gear but if you tried to start off in third it would just dog out andfinnaly start to go. If you try to start out in a high gear you will burn up the friction discs. Some times in gnarly stuff if in a low gear its worse for instance on a loose rocky hill climb if you are to low in a gear you will get to a point where you dont have the momentum to finnish the climb if you keep it in the low gear the rear tire will just spin out if you try to shift you will loose all momentum and stall out. Dambed if you do dambed if you dont... Then you hve to try and keep the pig upright. With the Rekluse you can kit a climd in third you keep the momentum to get over the top and if it gets down to the point of dogging out insead of stalling and having to deal with tring to hold up the bike the Rekluse will slip the clutch automaticaly and get you over the top. its like point and shoot kind of like cheating just pin the throttle hold on and go.

ok, cool. so like coming in to corners I could stay in 3rd and never miss a beat? Also I was on the website and it doens't have a bike selector to match you with a product. Which one are you using for $400? the ones I saw were all above 650.

ok, cool. so like coming in to corners I could stay in 3rd and never miss a beat? Also I was on the website and it doens't have a bike selector to match you with a product. Which one are you using for $400? the ones I saw were all above 650.

Go to Rocky Mountain ATV thats the site I got mine from type Rekluse in the search then enter year make model. I think its called the exp core. Its just the guts the expensive ones they offer did not seem to be availible for the DRZ.

Go to Rocky Mountain ATV thats the site I got mine from type Rekluse in the search then enter year make model. I think its called the exp core. Its just the guts the expensive ones they offer did not seem to be availible for the DRZ.

Roger that thanks.