In what direction are your Mods taking you?

As a topic of discussion, I was wondering what mode or aspect of motorcyling your mods and equipment on your 250L were taking you?  

For example, are you sort of modding your bike more for heavy dirt and trail riding? Are you gearing up for riding mostly as a commuter? Supermoto?

For myself, I am sort of heading towards outfitting myself and the bike for light adventure touring. Hopefully next season I will have her ready for some overnight or weekend trips. I've got the Rotopax tank for longer range, a 12v charger to keep things wired, riding gear that leans towards touring, the 13 tooth front sprocket and a rear duffel for lots of gear. 

So how about everyone else?  Day rides, dirt rides, touring, commuter, supermoto??

• Like 1

Mine has to be a jack of all trades here as I don't own a car. She has to perform well on the street, as here its an adventure none of you are aware of!

Yet, on the weekends or when the holidays come, road trips to the up country, checking out roads and trails that many have no traveled much.

As I said, here its a different adventure, never really have to worry about police, still good to be legal, but really can do pretty much whatever you want, ride where you want, but she has to be reliable, and work in 2 ft. of water and rain to the scorcher of the hot season. so building her to be the ultimate "dual or tri" purpose bike that is stone reliable! 

• Like 3

well ..... for me personally I would say I am building a bike that can handle anything on the dirt and hopefully keep up with the "Big Boys" on the trails. 

The funny thing is ... the more I do for the dirt aspect ... the better it performs on the street !!!

(the Race Tech suspension is a good example of this)

The best I can explain it is  .... think of a bad @$$ off road capable Jeep that your co-worker drives to work everyday ...  ?

154_1104_07_o+154_1104_pa_all_breeds_jee

I truly believe I am building a HRC CBR305X concept bike  :goofy:  .... I hope that makes sense to you all ...  :ride:

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 3

Well I bought the bike to do more off-road riding, but I've modded towards on-road riding because that's where I spend 90% of my time.

I figure as long as I keep knobbies on it I'll still be okay in the dirt. I'm definitely headed in the direction of owning two sets of wheels/tires for sure.

Edited by kray
  • Like 2

Well I bought the bike to do more off-road riding, but I've modded towards on-road riding because that's where I spend 90% of my time.

I figure as long as I keep knobbies on it I'll still be okay in the dirt. I'm definitely headed in the direction of owning two sets of wheels/tires for sure.

If I end up doing the BB kit, I'll be heading towards two sets of wheels/tires as well.