2006 rm vs 2001 yz

I'm looking at picking up a 2006-2007 rm125. My current ride is a 2001 yz125 that is heavily modded.

I just got rid of a 2007 rm250 and everything about the rm felt so much better than the yz. I'm really not happy with the ergo, clutch/ brake feel of the older yz's. I keep throwing money at this yz and i just cant get the bike to feel very good, its not very confidence inspiring. 

For the guys that have ridden a 2006 rm125 and a 2001 yz125: do you feel that the rm is a much better bike? The '07 rm i was riding had a great stock suspension and even though I have a custom suspension on my yz, the single chamber forks still suck. I was also amazed at how well the brakes and clutch felt on the newer rm.  I have a full aftermarket clutch and brake system on the yz, but the modulation isn't good in comparison to the rm. 

I know a lot of guys are going to ask "why don't you buy a 2006 yz125?" and the reason for this is simple, PRICE. In my are i haven't found a 2006+ yz 125/250 for under 3K bucks. But i can pick up a 06/07 rm for under 2k all day long. 

I haven't had a chance to ride the rm125, so ultimately do you feel the rm would be an upgrade?

Edited by Vernsker298

I always thought very highly of late model RM's, not so much the 125 motor but the 250 motor is great. Smooth, power everywhere and in a great handling bike, I'd love to have one now.

I was really impressed with the 07 rm250. I was sad to see it go, but it wasnt getting ridden enough for me to hang on to it.