Sign in to follow this  

Why? Help! No power band!

Just been for a ride on my 06 wr250 and for some reason the bike won't hit power band? Any idea why?

Cheers

Just been for a ride on my 06 wr250 and for some reason the bike won't hit power band? Any idea why?

Cheers

Lots of unknowns. But my first guess was to check that the power valve is operating properly.

• Like 1

Lots of unknowns. But my first guess was to check that the power valve is operating properly.

thanks mate, bit of a noob my first bike

Sorry, first thought was its a Yamaha. Just read your other posts. Yeah, check the reed valve isn't cracked/broken for a start.

confusing messages there..,

1 ;  reed valve is in the intake -  beween CARB and cylinder , look for cracks / damage to the delicate reed petals,

2 ; Exhaust powervalve, built into front facing edge of cylinder - usually controlled by linkage rods,

possible issues are commonly ;

a, broken / loose linkage

b,carbon / soot build-up

before considering either of these , check that you've not mixed the wrong fuel..or got a caked / filthy air filter - how does the bike start, any odd sounds? / blowing exhaust ?,

2 strokes are pretty tough motors , but don't take much to upset their running 100%,

also how long since you last ran it, any chance of rain / water getting into it lately ( parked or crossing ground water)

Charlie

Edited by varesecrazy
  • Like 1

Still yet to buy a power band for my 4 stroke. Haha thinking a blue one. But yes on serious note I will check that stuff

Cheers

Pretty easy to pull the covers off the cyl to check the power valve movement.

I was using Castor oil and it would cause my power valve to stick open for a bit so I wouldn't have any bottom end until it closed again.