Sign in to follow this  

Extended warranty

Did anybody here purchase a Honda extended warranty?  I purchased an additional 48 month warranty for $625.  The packet came in the mail today and one of the first couple pages mentioned that you could get all of your money back within 60 days if you hadn't made any claims.  That got me to thinking...

If I cancelled the warranty, just think about how many goodies I could buy.  I'd really like to get that big bore kit, and that money would pay for the it plus part of the EJK. 

These bikes seem pretty reliable so it might be overkill to get a warranty.  What do you guys think? 

I very rarely do either.  I've certainly never bought one for a vehicle before. 

Once I get my bike from the Dealer ... it never goes back no matter what !!! 

I don't want a warranty and I most certainly don't want them working on my bike. 

Once you do a ton of mods ... they will find a way to weasel out of the claim anyway. They also require approval for repairs.

Extended warranties are different from manufacturer warranties. 

Also it is a little 250cc single cylinder bike so the expense if something does go wrong (but it won't) the repair will be less than the warranty. 

go to this site and start pricing parts .... it is amazing how cheap parts are for this bike .... http://goo.gl/jZuYPb

• Like 2

I just got back from the dealer.   What a painful process that was.  I had to listen to two different people tell me how bad of a decision it would be to cancel the warranty.   The finance guy actually looked me in the eyes and said 'You have health insurance don't you'  It's the same thing with this bike.  You don't want to be stuck with a huge repair bill.'

I just said 'That's a little bit different'.

He went on and said that he gave me the 4 year warranty for the price of the two year.  I'm really doubting that.

I really don't care if I go back in there.

Luckily, bestdualsportbikes.com is local to me and I'm just going to order the Stage 1 kit from them and enjoy that new found power for awhile.  I might not even feel the need for the Big Bore kit.  We'll see.

• Like 1

I just got back from the dealer.   What a painful process that was.  I had to listen to two different people tell me how bad of a decision it would be to cancel the warranty.   The finance guy actually looked me in the eyes and said 'You have health insurance don't you'  It's the same thing with this bike.  You don't want to be stuck with a huge repair bill.'

I just said 'That's a little bit different'.

He went on and said that he gave me the 4 year warranty for the price of the two year.  I'm really doubting that.

I really don't care if I go back in there.

Luckily, bestdualsportbikes.com is local to me and I'm just going to order the Stage 1 kit from them and enjoy that new found power for awhile.  I might not even feel the need for the Big Bore kit.  We'll see.

I thought they got away from the CRF250L ....  :excuseme:

I myself had no problems but it may have been just because I was early in the game..... an awful lot of people did not have such luck with them as I. 

Thanks DMW for the best dual sports -I'm in Az in the winter and will look them up --unfortunatly this year i will not have the CRF with me tho!! Glenn

• Like 1

Thanks DMW for the best dual sports -I'm in Az in the winter and will look them up --unfortunatly this year i will not have the CRF with me tho!! Glenn

you could low ball this guy while your down there .... and then sell it later if you don't need it anymore ... (click here)

Looks like someone will get a deal--the wife would kill me if i mentioned i wanted a second bike--besides we are planning on moving down full time soon

Edited by USMCVietVet

Looks like someone will get a deal--the wife would kill me if i mentioned i wanted a second bike--besides we are planning on moving down full time soon

Just think of it as a rental ....  :ride:

• Like 2

Just think of it as a rental ....  :ride:

If i could have kept two bikes i would have kept the Harley--but it was a choice at the time either the Harley and get another bike (CRF) down the road or my 67 Camaro--Z-28--needed the money to put as down on the Arizona house for the winter :cool: :cool:

Edited by USMCVietVet

If i could have kept two bikes i would have kept the Harley--but it was a choice at the time either the Harley and get another bike (CRF) down the road or my 67 Camaro--Z-28--needed the money to put as down on the Arizona house for the winter :cool: :cool:

no need to explain .... I'm just a little instigator in my spare time .... :p  

But, If a guy had the money and could buy that bike for say ............... $3200.00 or so .... you could easily get your cash back and then some.  :thinking:

see how I did it again ....  :lol:

instigator.jpg

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 2