Sign in to follow this  

13 250 xcf choppy throttle ?

So my friend just picked up a new 250 xcf and throttle seems very choppy and not smooth. is that the way these bikes are or would a fuel programmer help. He wants this bike to be a woods only bike.

So my friend just picked up a new 250 xcf and throttle seems very choppy and not smooth. is that the way these bikes are or would a fuel programmer help. He wants this bike to be a woods only bike.

I have a 2012 and noticed the same thing. I tightened up the cable a little and it seemed to help. about 3mm of play.

i have a 13 250 xcf that i picked up about 3 weeks ago. Same deal. I think its higher compression motor (stronger engine braking) plus not much flywheel plus efi ... I ride tight nasty woods in new england. I'm slowly coming to terms with it. my 12 xcf w with the doggy motor was a cream puff in the nasty stuff!! FC did the suspension over so far best mod, second best was ditch the mx 51's. no issues in the more open stuff but in the techy stuff its kind of a pain. I might try a reflash if I knew it would work. right now its fast on the clutch and not so fast shutting down the throttle. also seems to help if you ride it like a 125 .... its a revver not a chugger!

i have a 13 250 xcf that i picked up about 3 weeks ago. Same deal. I think its higher compression motor (stronger engine braking) plus not much flywheel plus efi ... I ride tight nasty woods in new england. I'm slowly coming to terms with it. my 12 xcf w with the doggy motor was a cream puff in the nasty stuff!! FC did the suspension over so far best mod, second best was ditch the mx 51's. no issues in the more open stuff but in the techy stuff its kind of a pain. I might try a reflash if I knew it would work. right now its fast on the clutch and not so fast shutting down the throttle. also seems to help if you ride it like a 125 .... its a revver not a chugger!

I have the same bike and a NE rider also. The MX 51front is garbage. The rear not to bad. Have him try a slow turn throttle. I forget who makes mine, but just goggle it. As Skid said, She likes to be reved. SO LET HER SCREAM!!!!! It takes a lot of rpm's in order for that rev limiter to kick in. around 13,000 rpm's.