Cr450r Carb Slide

I had some backfiring issues and figured it probably had something to do with my carb. This afternoon I pulled the carb off of the bike and went through it all. My main jet and slow jet were both clogged which will hopefully fix the backfiring issue. Upon reassembling the carb I noticed that the slide will not close fully. Is this normal? Or did I reassemble incorrectly?

You re assembled it wrong.

Do you have the slide plate in with the hole near the bottom?

The hole on the vacuum plate is on the bottom. The slide will move freely up an down until I hook up the throttle rollers. Then it only goes down about 3/4ths of the way. I've taken it out and put it back in prob 50 times and taken out the screw on the arm of the throttle that connects to the rollers and it doesn't seem to want to allow the slide to fully close. Any ideas?

Thanks for the reply krannie. I'm stumped.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1379881478.046705.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1379881493.928479.jpg

There is a bracket that is preventing the slide from completing releasing. It is connected to the screw in the photo that I believe goes to the accelerator pump.

If you loosened anything but the one allen screw that is attached to the slide actuator arm , you have put the shaft out of sync, and will need to rotate the shaft back to the stock setting.

The shaft is out sync by just a few millimeters. How do i adjust it back to the stock setting?

If you loosened anything but the one allen screw that is attached to the slide actuator arm , you have put the shaft out of sync, and will need to rotate the shaft back to the stock setting.

Is there a way to adjust the shaft.. I only see the ap Phillips head there and the idle adjustment screw. The is a star screw on the other side of the carb that when removed gives me access to that side of the throttle shaft.

I pulled the throttle shaft completely off by accident and there is a little metal tab that is preventing me from sliding the shaft back into the carb. It's the same tab that is preventing me from adjusting the throttle arm. I believe that it is connected to the Ap. At this point I think I'm just going to drop the carb off at the shop and let them fix the issue. I can't figure it out. If you have any suggestions I appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

Stop the multiple postings.

Read your other post repsonse.

I did read the response. And I asked ABOUT something else hoping that someone else maybe had encountered the problem. That's the point of the forum.