Sign in to follow this  

GasGas Fan rectifier

Hi i have a GasGas Fan rectifier (its a LEONELLI part i got from a GasGas dealer) i need to know which is the earth and live as they are both yellow but they have diffrent connectors, One is a female bullet connector with a clear rubber cover on it and the other is a male spade connector which has a shitty plastic cover (the other two wires are red and black and i understand these to be positive negative for the fan)
I've looked at a wiring diagram and that isnt identifying the diffrence either, i was told by a fellow GasGas owner that its not important which way round the wires go but he wasnt 100% on it which im not happy with either as they have put a good connector on one and a not so good on the other.

any help/advice apart from burn the GasGas would be appreciated

Thanks
Mark.

aoyq.jpg

yn11.gif

I don't know if this helps, but on my 2002 XC300 the power connector had the same shitty protector going from the stator to the headlights. I had to wrap it with tape so it would stop shorting out and killing the light which is why I remember it. I didn't have a fan rectifier, but what I know is that they clip off one wave of the AC to make DC, so you should be safe hooking it up either way round. But, I remember that crappy protector from my headlight situation, so that is my "educated guess" if that helps.

ok thank you, ive had someone else come back with the spade is live and bullet is earth, stupid really they put a good quality sheild on the earth and a cheap shitty one on the live

ok thank you, ive had someone else come back with the spade is live and bullet is earth, stupid really they put a good quality sheild on the earth and a cheap shitty one on the live

Wait, I think I confused myself (and then you, by association). The spade should be live, that one has a crappy shield on it (from my experience). Bullet is earth. Sorry, I like bullet connectors and the pliable protection, that hard plastic cover slid right up the wire and exposed the live hot lead to the frame. Hilarity ensued.

So, spade = Hot. Bullet = earth.

Wait, I think I confused myself (and then you, by association). The spade should be live, that one has a crappy shield on it (from my experience). Bullet is earth. Sorry, I like bullet connectors and the pliable protection, that hard plastic cover slid right up the wire and exposed the live hot lead to the frame. Hilarity ensued.

So, spade = Hot. Bullet = earth.

excellent thank you