Shock linkage bolt stuck

So, apparently, it seems that the only time i visit this forum is when i got problems. And once again, i got them.

My linkage bearings have been bad for quite some time, and I did buy a replacement kit a year ago. Today it was time to change them.

All lower bolts came of fine, but for the upper one i had to remove the footpeg and the stand. I also removed the chain-roll.

However, the bolt did not come out. I started with the rubberhammer, without success. My creative brother then took a metal hammer and gave it some good hits. 

The bolt still did not come out, it did not move one millimiter. However, the bolt got damaged, so it was impossible to get the nut one again. In the process of trying to put the things together, the "turning tracks" (sorry, it do not know the english word for those) got totally damaged.

So, the bolt is still stuck, and i cant get the nut on = not running bike. 

Since it did not move even a small bit, i got the suspesion there is a clip or something on that bolt. I did have the explosion chart of the 2005 linkage, and it does NOT show a clip.

Can anyone please give me some indications of what is wrong and how it can be solved. The current bearings are really bad, but i prefer them to a bike that i cannot drive. 

Next weekend we have planned 2 full days of adventure running, so time is essential. 

Thanks everyone. 

Edit: I have a 2008 Crf 450 X

2013-09-22 12-40-09.jpg

Edited by kalleb

Hi Kalleb,

I helped a mate remove that same bolt from a CRF only 2 days ago. It was rusted in real bad, we had to belt it with a sledge hammer back and forth and sprayed it with wurth rostof, took about an hour but got it out, bearings were rusted and fell out all over the place.

Keep hitting and when reassembling grease the shit out of it!

Cheers

Aussie.

If it's off the bike, you can take it to a local mechanic and he can put it in a press, and use heat or solvent to loosen the rust.

The clip is not on the swingarm or any other linkage part.

The clip is on the bolt that attaches the rear brake lever to the frame.

The clip is not on the swingarm or any other linkage part.

The clip is on the bolt that attaches the rear brake lever to the frame.

So i figured.

I have but hours of tapping and thumping and gallons of chemicals on it without result.

I have heated it, and I have cooled it. 

The darn bolt wont go out.

So I am looking at last resort here. Any more tips? Jackhammer? Explosives?

That sucks!

Sounds like the bolt is rusted in real bad, I think your best bet is to hit it harder with a sledge hammer and a big long punch! Obviously the bolt will be ruined and will need to be replaced. It will take 1 person to hold the punch and 1 person to swing the hammer. That bolt will come out!

Cheers Aussie

So thanks for the advice.

Unfortunatly, I am stupid. I laid the bike down, took a 5 kg sledgehammer and a punch. The bolt came out!

However, the shifter on the other side punctered the engine - and all oil went out. 

So, now I have to fix/replace that part... Good damn it.

You're not stupid... You just had a learning experience... Hence you won't do that again. Luckily it's an easy fix. Only $100 for the stator cover and gasket... :devil:

You're not stupid... You just had a learning experience... Hence you won't do that again. Luckily it's an easy fix. Only $100 for the stator cover and gasket... :devil:

Thanks for the support. I am in Sweden, its more like a 300USD learning experience. 

Oh well. Its only money.  :banghead:

So thanks for the advice.

Unfortunatly, I am stupid. I laid the bike down, took a 5 kg sledgehammer and a punch. The bolt came out!

However, the shifter on the other side punctered the engine - and all oil went out. 

So, now I have to fix/replace that part... Good damn it.

LOL