13 RMZ 450 black & yellow plug & cap

just got my son a new 13 rmz 450, coming of yz250, anyway silly first post for this bike....in the parts box it came with a black plastic plug and a yellow rubber cap...what the heck are they for?

Broke the bike in sat, he's loving it....me...I'm reading the manual and dreading the maintenance compared to our smoker:)

Looks like I'll be hangin around here for a while...

thanks!

Larry

You have a bad salesman - When I bought my '13 250 the salesman told me what all the little bits were.

Those are maintenance helpers. When you need to do anything with the engine that requires pulling the tank you use them. The black prong plugs into the fuel line, the yellow cap slides onto the tank outlet. I had maybe one to two drops lost when I took the tank off.

You should also have a grey and white plug to adjust the air/fuel a tiny bit rich or lean, and a plug already on the bike.

thanks for the response.....bought the bike in a crate, really no salesman involved...I saw the couplers, have not messed with them yet...

thanks again!

thanks for the response.....bought the bike in a crate, really no salesman involved...I saw the couplers, have not messed with them yet...

thanks again!

You will have fun playing with them... you will instantly notice the difference and most guys know which one they will like within a few mins. 

Better option would be to have your ECU flashed and programmed ($75-$100), or buy a PIM2 or similar before you even ride the bike. There is tons of room for improvement.