Sign in to follow this  

2001 CR250 sell or keep?

I have an 01 CR250 that lost compression. I'm thinking that the piston might of disintegrated. My dad said fix it sell it and get a newer 450, which would take most of my money.  Or i could get a newer 250sx, for a little cheaper hopefully.  Or just keep putting money into my bike.  Im not one of those crazed 2stroke lovers, i just like the simplicity of them.  obviously it doesn't matter which one i get i'm going to drop a lot of money into it. but it just seems like there's more things that could go wrong with a 4stroke. What do you guys think??? 2stroke, 4stroke, or keep???

Why dump all your money into a bike, only to sell it and hope the bike you replace it with doesn't need work?

• Like 1

Fixing your 250 is still cheaper than buying another bike new or used. Can use the extra money to upgrade your suspension or other things :ride:

been through a ton of bikes but could not rid the 01 CR250. rather than sell, i'd give it a full upgrade - plastics, graphics, top end, wheels, and this time a kickstand ... ha! feels like a new bike and definitely a looker.

+1 on keeping the bike..... I had an 01 cr250.... I regret selling it, one of the baddest bikes i ever owned.... And cheapest maintenance wise