Sign in to follow this  

Akrapovic or ...........?

Love my 13 350 sxf ( except WP suspension hahaha) , coming from 450 s i want a touch more power so a full pipe is the way ill go......it seems Akrapovic is the KTM way to go? Any thoughts, suggestions, better bang for buck options ?

Go with FMF's factory titanium system. They have really stepped up their game with the new systems.  I'm a first time FMF buyer myself. I picked up the full system for my 13.5 450sxf and I have had numerous people come up to me at tracks and tell me how amazing/powerful my bike sounds. I've had ex pros tell me that it sounds like it has the perfect air/fuel mixture etc..

fmf_rct.jpg

I had the full ti akro on my 350 but would go for thr fmf next time cheaper too, think the fmf is more of a mx pipe

Edited by dustinmoto

I had a fmf on my yamaha a few years ago and the thing rattled apart and the packing would burn out super fast. Maybe they've changed but that's what I found. Went threw 2 mega bomb headers also. One from a crash and one from Roost damage.

Jarrett H - So how does the performance of the FMF compare to the akro unit that came on the 13.5?  Did you have the perforated cone in the Akro removed before you went with the FMF?  What gearing are you running?  

I ask in that I have the 13.5 and have considered the FMF system.  I have removed the cone and running 13/50 gearing.  Hoping for some real life feedback on it.

Jarrett H - So how does the performance of the FMF compare to the akro unit that came on the 13.5?  Did you have the perforated cone in the Akro removed before you went with the FMF?  What gearing are you running?  

I ask in that I have the 13.5 and have considered the FMF system.  I have removed the cone and running 13/50 gearing.  Hoping for some real life feedback on it.

I removed the Akra before I ever rode the bike, but I did hear it run. I wasn't happy with how long the silencer was and how it stuck so far past the rear axle. The FMF silencer has to weigh pounds less than the Akra though.  FMF's site shows that even their Ti header weighs 1lb less than their stainless. I was either going to get the full FMF, or grab the Akra Ti resonated header which runs about the same price as the full FMF system.

I run 13/51 which is supposed to be what Dungey runs. It is pretty close  to being a perfect balance for track riding. I came off a 13KX450f and the KTM was lacking bottom end in comparison until I re-geared it. I read countless articles on FMF's new system installed on other 450s and the ktm 350. On each dyno, it increased the bottom-end significantly and the overev.  I usually run pro circuit systems, but the FMF system looked the best on these bikes and helped the bottom-end. I literally have people tell me every time I ride how good the bike sounds. 

I purchased a FMF (Blue carbon/ti) full system for my 13 450 and I live in the Uk so its coming from USA 6 weeks later not seen it yet its lost 

I have since purchased a second hand but like new full SXS powerparts TI Akro and it build quality is second to none and sounds nice and solid 

I paid more second hand for the Akro than the I paid new for the FMF 

If the FMF ever arives I will give you a full report 

Like I said before KTM says the fmf is more for motocross and akro is a better all rounder 

I loved the Akro on my 350 but not rode the 450 yet 

FMF new here is 550 and the Akro is 1200 bid dirrerence in price 

The Akro sit out the rear more than the fmf and the fmf is far louder 

I have the ark on my 12 350 and I also had the dr.d , I like that ark better has a good solid bark And feels smoother and better. Only thing I don't like is its long , I mite chop it down abit

I have a brand new take off from the 13.5 dungey bike if anyones interested. header and akro silencer