Sign in to follow this  

'05 450x parting it out

After 2 yrs of trying I'm going back roots!!!! For the hare scrambles and single tract stuff here in the mid west it's just hard to beat a smoker. Now when you get the X into 4th and 5th gear it awesome, but we just don't many time when that happen. So I have the dilemma of either sell it out right or parting it out. The bike is a fairly low hour X roughly 50 hrs with normal wear. What's a fair price to ask for the following:

Fork (sprung and revalved by ASb Racing for 200 lbs A/B rider)

Shock (sprung and revalved by ASb Racing for 200 lbs A/B rider)

Complete engine (- carb)

Carb with merge mods and jd jetting kit

Frame complete

Swing arm

Linkage

Wheel set

Plastic whole set

Brake assembly both front and rear

As a side note thanks to everyone on TT for advice on bike setup and mods, as I've been visiting this forum for that last 2 years

• Like 1

Start by throwing up some pic's and then start checking Ebay for how much the parts are selling for. If the motor runs then take a quick video of it actually running before pulling it out of the frame. :rolleyes:

Edited by crazybrother
  • Like 1

You might get a little more money parting it out, but I wouldn't want the hassle of all the packaging and shipping.

• Like 1

I'd be interested in the carb. To have a clean ready to go carb at stand by seems like a good idea. That's the only thing that gives me grief or takes away riding time for me. What do you have to have for it? PM me if necessary.

i'll take the linkage. please pm me pricing. shipping is to austin, tx 78701. thanks.

Thanks for the interest guys, but I think I'm going to keep the old girl for a back-up bike.

Good call :thumbsup:           Or get it plated and use it as a dual sport if the state allows that ---  its a shame to dismantle a good running X anyway