Suspension Schools/training

I'm in the same boat, and was just about to post something similar.  Have you read The Racetech suspension bible?  It's a great place to start.  

I was actually about to ask if there was a next step after this book, because it doesn't go very in-depth about shim stacks.  I find all the random info online to be too scattered for my brain to absorb for the long term.

And sorry for the thread-jack..

I'm in the same boat, and was just about to post something similar.  Have you read The Racetech suspension bible?  It's a great place to start.  

I was actually about to ask if there was a next step after this book, because it doesn't go very in-depth about shim stacks.  I find all the random info online to be too scattered for my brain to absorb for the long term.

And sorry for the thread-jack..

No i haven't read that but sounds like a good idea because i dont know much other than adjusting clickers on my bike and setting my sag :banghead:  theres some youtube videos ive watched but would like to take a class.

I would definitely get the book.  It's very informative, I have actually read it twice now.  Paul Thede(owner of Racetech and author of the book) also has suspension seminars around the country, but it seems they never have them that close to me(DC area).  As soon as he does though, I'm going that's for sure.  

The book is very easy to read and sometimes I just go back to certain chapters for a refresher.  It starts with the most basic theories as simple as "What is suspension?", and it goes inside the modern shocks/forks although I think the latest edition is still 5-6 years old, which means it doesn't have info on the latest systems like air forks and some of the factory race bikes equipment.  Also has chapters on geometry and trail, the effects of swing arm angles and chain torque among others.  I just wish it had a chapter dedicated to shim stack tuning, since this seems to be where most of the changes are made by everyday riders.   

Paul Thede, if you're reading this, make a part 2 of the bible!

• Like 2