Sign in to follow this  

yet another fcr39mx jetting question

I am usually one of those guys that bitches about people not using the search function, but TTs search function in kicking my ass.

I currently have a bone stock DRZ400sm. I bought the TT fcr39mx kit and have a MRD/SSW on the way. The instructions in the fcr kit tell you how to set it up with an aftermarket exhaust but it does not mention anything about a 3x3. Does the TT fcr kit come with the parts to jet for the 3x3 and SSW? I am in Houston so sea level and about 90* average. Can anyone tell me what jetting I should use?

Thanks for your help

I believe it's already jetted for a 3x3. Not sure on the pipe though but it should be darn close to what you need. What jets in it now?

155 main jet (silencer/spark arrest.)

Or

160 main jet (open pipe)

Emn 3rd clip position

Remove pilot air jet

45 pilot jet

Fuel screw start 2.5 turns out for baseline.

Im at sea level also, i run open mrd, and 160 is good. I was rich, but new air filter and ap adjustment fixed it right up.

This is advice i got from Craigo, E.Marquez, or Noble, i forget which one of them :)

• Like 1

155 main jet (silencer/spark arrest.)

Or

160 main jet (open pipe)

Emn 3rd clip position

Remove pilot air jet

45 pilot jet

Fuel screw start 2.5 turns out for baseline.

Im at sea level also, i run open mrd, and 160 is good. I was rich, but new air filter and ap adjustment fixed it right up.

This is advice i got from Craigo, E.Marquez, or Noble, i forget which one of them :)

I believe this is my setup. I am positive of all but the needle. I am offshore right now but the good news is this answered my question. I shouldn't need to buy a separate jet kit.

Aperdue - Yes for sure you need to do the 3 X 3.

There was never any question about that :thumbsup:

Also, I have an extended fuel screw. Does that matter at all? I seem to recall other people mentioning that when asking for help.

There was never any question about that :thumbsup:

Also, I have an extended fuel screw. Does that matter at all? I seem to recall other people mentioning that when asking for help.

The profile of the extended fuel screw for an fcr is the same as stock fuel screw......

It's a different deal with ext screw for the mikuni carb

J.Ackel has pretty much nailed it........If I may add , Do the O Ring mod with wire and turn the AP timing screw in 1/2 a turn

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/539540-the-o-ring-mod-for-an-fcr/?hl=%20ring%20%20mod%20%20wire

When doing the extended fuel screw pay special attention to all components and their order. Also dont over tighten it. Just screw it back in til barely snug.