Sign in to follow this  

Yz85 or Crf150F **********PLEASE HELP***********

HI,

I want to get a dirtbike but not exactly sure which one to get. I am 14 years old, 5'3" and about 105 pounds. I have only ridden a few times. I will mostly be using it for a trail/play bike. I want to be able to do small to medium jumps on it. I also want to do wheelies. I do not mind doing some maintaince but I do not want anything that I have to work on constantly. I have been looking at used Crf150f's and Yz85's but I am open to suggestions. Thanks 

Edited by Oxinbox21

ok well the crf150f is strictly a trail bike while the yz85 is a race bike. the 85 will be a little bit harder to ride and take a little bit of effort compared to the 150f and will be constantly on the clutch It will also take more to get use to. the 150 is just a smooth non powerful trail bike. If you want to go fast do wheelies and jumps get the yz85. The 150f does not have that good of a suspension and does have that power you want to do wheelies. There will not be much maintenance on the 150. The 85 will just have a little bit like top and bottom end rebuilds. I would go with the 85 or you could look into a kx100.

ok well the crf150f is strictly a trail bike while the yz85 is a race bike. the 85 will be a little bit harder to ride and take a little bit of effort compared to the 150f and will be constantly on the clutch It will also take more to get use to. the 150 is just a smooth non powerful trail bike. If you want to go fast do wheelies and jumps get the yz85. The 150f does not have that good of a suspension and does have that power you want to do wheelies. There will not be much maintenance on the 150. The 85 will just have a little bit like top and bottom end rebuilds. I would go with the 85 or you could look into a kx100.

Thanks for the help, I will also take a look at the kx100.

hi there, i highly suggest the yz 85 over the 150f because of the reasons mxbeast said, i disagree with mr.wiskey no matter how new you are to dirt bikes you will want to learn wheelies aha. but as you are 14 i suggest getting a full size bike as the 85 will get to small to fast, i was 14 and about same height i got a wr400 and a year later im looking for a different bike already, have a look at a 125 2t if you are wanting to ride for a while they are light, fast, easy to control and if you have a bit of mechanical capabilities a lot cheaper than a four stroke to rebuild and work on. hope this helps :)

hi there, i highly suggest the yz 85 over the 150f because of the reasons mxbeast said, i disagree with mr.wiskey no matter how new you are to dirt bikes you will want to learn wheelies aha. but as you are 14 i suggest getting a full size bike as the 85 will get to small to fast, i was 14 and about same height i got a wr400 and a year later im looking for a different bike already, have a look at a 125 2t if you are wanting to ride for a while they are light, fast, easy to control and if you have a bit of mechanical capabilities a lot cheaper than a four stroke to rebuild and work on. hope this helps :)

Thanks

You will be happy with that bike. It's extremely reliable, fun and easy to sell. It probably won't lose hardly any value over the next year or so unless you don't maintain it. I have passed my 2005 crf150f down to many of my friends and still runs like new. Do the simple power up mods and it will make a difference and it's very cheap to do.

You will be happy with that bike. It's extremely reliable, fun and easy to sell. It probably won't lose hardly any value over the next year or so unless you don't maintain it. I have passed my 2005 crf150f down to many of my friends and still runs like new. Do the simple power up mods and it will make a difference and it's very cheap to do.

Yeah I really like it!