Sign in to follow this  

2012 crf fork issues..

Advice need plz,it would appear that the circlip on my forks what holds the spring cone has slipped.Its make a mess of the damper rod/inner chamber.

Has anyone had this happen,and what could cause this. It would also appear the circlip,spacer and thin washer only comes as part of the damper rod/chamber..I replaced the fork seals yesterday and everything seemed good???

Edited by Gak

Advice need plz,it would appear that the circlip on my forks what holds the spring cone has slipped.Its make a mess of the damper rod/inner chamber.

Has anyone had this happen,and what could cause this. It would also appear the circlip,spacer and thin washer only comes as part of the damper rod/chamber..I replaced the fork seals yesterday and everything seemed good???

I had the same problem, except in my case honda did not install the spacer and washer on one of my forks, so the spring seat had wedged into the circlip, I had to hammer it out, it was very bad.

It is impossible to source these parts. Honda only sells the damper as a unit. No other bikes use 48MM Showa forks. 48MM KYB components won't fit, damper diameter is different.

In my case I turned my own spacer and washer on the lathe, and made it a very tight fit.

Edited by mudguy