GPI radiators (pic request)

Got some GPI radiators off ebay for my '07 250 and tried to mount them up today.  The side with the filler cap fit, but the other side isn't really close.  The neck at the bottom of the radiator that crosses over to the other side hits the cylinder.  Not even enough room for a hose to slide on.  It's like the neck is too long and at too much of an angle.  It's so bad I can't get the top mounting hole on the frame to line up.  I know a few guys on here have these and have had good luck.  If you have, or can take any pictures of the area I'm having issues with, I'd greatly appreciate it.  Thanks in advance.

I couldn't get mine to line up on the right. The bottom hose tube hit my PC pipe. No way to clear it.

I've got the stock pipe.  I didn't even check the fitment there because I couldn't even get them both mounted.  Going to try again here in a bit to make sure I didn't miss anything.  I guess if they don't work I'll send them back and send my stock ones off for repair.

Edit:  Just tried again and there is no way it's going to work.  Really bummed.

Edited by sb317

The Chinese made radiators have fitment issues sometimes.  That is why I went with a local seller on mine and paid a little more for them, that way I could exchange the ones that don't fit.  You will need to contact your seller to get a replacement.  They are good radiators once you get ones that fit.

I forget what seller I bought mine from, but I remember when I bought them that they had listed them as 02-04 and then 05-07. I searched and searched and for some reason the 05-07 ones were like double the price. I ended up buying the 02-04 version and they fit fine. The fill side just needed to be tweaked slightly forward after I mounted it to the frame for the take shroud bolts to line up. That could have been attributed to the oversized Clarke tank as well. Haven't had any problems so far other than bending one from a crash. They are a good bit stronger, but if you can I would still try to find or modify your existing guards to fit if you ride trails. From other posts I have read if you call the seller or manufacturer they usually just send you out a new set and tell you to keep the other ones. Hopefully you get it sorted out.

I bought them from GPI's ebay store.  I'm sending pictures to them so they can see where the clearance issue is.  Hopefully they'll send another pair and they will work.  They look really good though.  Thanks for the replys.

i have a pair. i ended up cutting in some spots and welding then. in the welding prosses i also founf the alum. to be probebly made out of pop-cans. really really shitty grade. now they fit. but one is already bent froma  very slow tip over.

never again will i go the china made road. next time i will pay extra for a set of myers.(which are ont he way to my place)

The same thing happened to me. The elbow on the bottom of the radiator was located 90 degrees in the wrong direction. I cut it off and had it re-welded.....

If I could weld, I'd try that haha.

take it to a shop.

Well, they asked if I could fix it and they would give me $20 back.  I think I'm just going to return them and keep saving.  Sucks though.  The whole reason I got them is because I'm on a tight budget.  I doubt I could find a shop to fix the problem for $20.  You get what you pay for sometimes.  It's either send my stock ones to ICW for repair, which is 3 hrs away so they are fairly local, or save for some Myler's.  Thanks for the help guys.

go for a set of mylers super cools i got quoted 225 for a set.

I have the eBay radiators, I really like them. I had to tweak the right side hose outlet a little too. They're bigger and cheaper than oem and never boiled over.. Plus they look awsome.

They're also like $100 for the radiators and new hoses!

But If you have money and want quality then maybe get the more expensive ones ..

I am honestly surprised you are having issues.  I have GPI rads on both my bikes (07 crf250 and 04 CR250) and they are great.  Not only are they way cheaper than OEM but they also hold more coolant and can take a beating.  The OEM rads must be made of paper thin aluminum.  If you even look at them the wrong way they bend.  The only fitment issue I had was on my CR were with the hose that goes between the tops of the two rads.  The nipples were spaced just slightly further towards the outside of each of the rads so I needed to go to the auto parts store and get a length of coolant hose about a 1/2" longer.

Here is a pic of the GPI's mounted up to my CR with a new seto of devol guards and a fresh FMF Gnarly.

179776_256357004507282_1027247822_n.jpg

Here is where I was having an issue.  I'm sending them back tomorrow.  The top hole wouldn't line up because this piece was hitting the cylinder.

photo-1_zps258a4231.jpg

You guys should know that Mylars supercools are chinese made radiators and can have these same issues.  Just an FYI.

Here is where I was having an issue. I'm sending them back tomorrow. The top hole wouldn't line up because this piece was hitting the cylinder.

Posted Image

Hmm. It almost seems like the RAD for that side is too long. I wonder if they sent you the wrong one. I will take another pic tonight of my bike on that side for comparison. I had no issues like you are experiencing.

You guys should know that Mylars supercools are chinese made radiators and can have these same issues. Just an FYI.

I always wondered that myself. Looking at the pictures they look identical to the eBay ones but they swear that they are not. I've not personally bought theirs to compare because they are asking a fortune on their website. I guess one positive would be if they didnt fit you could get a second set pretty easy since they are a US based company but it seems the OP isn't having any issues with that.

I always wondered that myself. Looking at the pictures they look identical to the eBay ones but they swear that they are not. I've not personally bought theirs to compare because they are asking a fortune on their website. I guess one positive would be if they didnt fit you could get a second set pretty easy since they are a US based company but it seems the OP isn't having any issues with that.

I bought mine from Mylars, I live in SLC so if I have an issue with them, I would just take it in and he would take care of it.  I figured that was worth the extra cost.  He also reinforced mine for side impact for free.   He is a good guy and good to do business with.