Airbox cleaning

What are ur guys ideas for cleaning ur airbox when u tear down the bike? I usaully just get a stiff brush with soap and water. But i can never get it as clean as i want it to be.

Ps i mean the inside of the box

Paper towel/ q tip for hard to reach area and armor all or wd40 type fluid after every ride

Off the bike....Brake cleaner. It cleans awesome and has enough power to remove the gunk, even in hard to reach areas. :thumbsup:

What are ur guys ideas for cleaning ur airbox when u tear down the bike? I usaully just get a stiff brush with soap and water. But i can never get it as clean as i want it to be.

Ps i mean the inside of the box

Suzuki wash SP-5a cleaner and powerwasher.

Don't make things complicated. If air box is off the bike. Just power wash it...quick and simple.

Probably a good job for a foaming degreaser.  If you use no-toil, they sell an air box spray cleaner, but oxyclean would probably work just as well.  Another plug for no-toil.  Stuff works great and cleanup is a breeze.

Edited by Dragon67

Don't make things complicated. If air box is off the bike. Just power wash it...quick and simple.

The air box tore in half at the rivets on my old rm 250 because of normal wear and pressure washing ive never powerwash anymore

The air box tore in half at the rivets on my old rm 250 because of normal wear and pressure washing ive never powerwash anymore

where is your airbox riveted?

2001 rm 250 they riveted the airbox in 4 places then siliconed the seams

It was 2 peices conected

Probably a good job for a foaming degreaser.  If you use no-toil, they sell an air box spray cleaner, but oxyclean would probably work just as well.  Another plug for no-toil.  Stuff works great and cleanup is a breeze.

No Toil is crap

No Toil is crap

Wrong Zaz.  Quite wrong.

I've heard negative comments about no toil, but i love it. 6 machines at our house and 2 of my kids friends(that i end up servicing) and u find it great. I find no dirt in intake. Clean up is so easy. Why do people hate it?

I've used No Toil in several bikes, never had any issues with it either.

But, back to the original topic. If I have the air box off of the bike, I just take it to the car wash and spray it out with the soap/rinse cycle. Spray it down with foaming engine degreaser then car wash it if I've been using Bel Ray type of filter oil.

I dont know even know what no toil is ive herd of it... But no idea what it is.

The best filter oil ever. simply put. i have neverever had a problem with it. the new evo stuff isnt exactlly my favorit, i preffer the origanal. but, the evo works just as well.

to clean if, off the bike. diesel fuel in a spray bottle, clean all the oils off, then use a bit of brake clean to get it nice and oil-free.

I dont know even know what no toil is ive herd of it... But no idea what it is.

Its an air filter oil and cleaner. The cleaner only works with the supplied oil. Put some hot water in the sink, sprinkle in some powdered cleaner, agitate filter, rinse and filter looks like new. No gas, no mineral spirits, no parts washer full of tiny metal particles. No harsh solvent on your hands.

The best way to clean the inside of the airbox is to spray it down the WD40 to cut the grease, then spray it down with Shout to cut the WD40, then hose it out with water. The end result is a spotlessly clean airbox.

Its an air filter oil and cleaner. The cleaner only works with the supplied oil. Put some hot water in the sink, sprinkle in some powdered cleaner, agitate filter, rinse and filter looks like new. No gas, no mineral spirits, no parts washer full of tiny metal particles. No harsh solvent on your hands.

O i knew what no toil is. I just spaced haha i stick with PJ1

No-Toil aerosol airbox cleaner works amazing. It even cuts through petro based filter oil (I use Bel-Ray). Spray it on, wait 30 seconds, wipe with a damp cloth and its spotless. But it stinks and burns your nose so be careful!

Edited by Maple Leaf MX

I just put a Twin Air airbox cover in place of the filter, spray inside the airbox with Bio-CD degreaser and rinse with the pressure washer. Comes back like new every time and no water in the air boot.